• Dead

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've said this about one million times, but here is one million and one.

ESF is not /b junior.

ESF is about ESF. If you play ESF, or are a fan of ESF you are welcome here. If you come here because you were banhammered from /b and have the next great internet meme you are in the wrong place.

If you think this place is dying, by all means leave. We will not slacken the rules (that far) because there are only twenty of you left.

ESF will endure, its fans will be free to use ESF's Forum, and whether the mod is popular or not is not my concern, nor is it the concern of anyone on the forum staff.

As a further note, if I had a dime for every time "This forum is headed in the wrong direction" cropped up, I would be filthy, stinking rich. It changes nothing to say it, nor will it ever.

G
Huh? Lee is banned?
Okay, we're officially dead in the water. Besides, the modeling section has been in a slow crawl for a year.. I believe that and the mapping section, the modding in general, was what kept ESF alive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and whether the mod is popular or not is not my concern, nor is it the concern of anyone on the forum staff.
I don't believe that's the right attitude to have as a forum administrator. I think we should have forum staff that cares just as much for this game as the development staff does :S

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe that's the right attitude to have as a forum administrator. I think we should have forum staff that cares just as much for this game as the development staff does :S
Lashing out at me changes nothing. The mod will exist despite the state of the forum. There have always been fans, and there will always be more until the mod is finished.

Two points of concern in your post:

1) I do care about the mod, I love it when it suceeds, I am dissapointed when it is hampered, and I have put a great deal of effort and personal time into running this forum from its early days to it's "downfall" as it were. I do not care if its fans bemoan a lack of freedom to act irresponsibly and essentially run amok and break rules ad nauseum. You break rules, you will be warned. If you are a staff memeber, and you break rules, you will be disciplined. If Lee was not popular, all of you would be calling for his head on a platter. We discipline a moderator, and all of a sudden we are draconian Nazis that are the cancer that's killing ESF. Lee is a close freind of mine, and while I wasn't here when all of this went down, I support the action taken on him. I do not pick favorites, I enforce the rules that were layed down 6 years ago.

2) You opinion of me as a forum administrator is absolutely yours. You may speak it, and I will read it. I will not, however, dignify it with competeing words. Think what you like, but my function is always enforcing, upholding and interpreting the laws we have here. That has never changed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dead.

As a side note, there are posts in this thread which reek of bullsh¡t.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i'd have to say dead, if you compare it too how it used to be.

but, there is light at the end of the tunnel. if 1.3 turns out to be a good game, i could definitely see this place picking up speed.

edit: btw, who is lee?

Last edited:
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ban is not permanent, nor is Lee fired, though I doubt very much that he will want to continue his moderation here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The day when 1.3 is released, all things will change to the forums members' liking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's two aspects.

Comparing the forum 4 years ago to now, and just acknowledging the forum in itself.

if you take the former, yes, this forum is very dead. 4 years ago was the shining light, the happy place. I loved the forums and everyone. Then, *gasp*, e-drama with minion occured and once most of the minions left, things started taking a turn downhill. Another point is, with all the minion members banned, or rather most, that left a lot of the active users out. And then once we lost a good handful of members, the forums decided to take a **** and slow down, causing like 30 seconds per page loads. Then the forums were down itself for what, 1-3 months? That was the 'nail in the coffin'.

So yes, comparing the forums now to 4 years ago is stated as dead.

but taking the latter, the forum is alive, at least somewhat. There's still discussions, although off-topic discussions and occasional ESF Chat discussions. But, discussions non the less. We've gone and are now at the core people, where we are going to gain very few and lose very few. There's not much left anymore. But, there's still something, which means it's alive.

I just wish everything was as it used to be. Maybe I've grown older. I joined these forums when I was 13, and I loved anime. I'm 17 now so it's not SO appealing anymore, but I only stay because of a select few members. also, I'm a beta tester so I stay.

Maybe if I were to snag their messengers I would be able to leave these forums, but I don't really like it. I think one reason I like these forums is because this is basically the first and only forum I've consistently visited and became a part of.

Best answers
I think they are still dying slowly.When i came 1 year ago here this forum was more active.Maybe ESF 1.3 is the answer...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forum is pretty much dead, it has some life in it yet though. There's always a decent number lurking on the forum but nobody posts any more. I don't think its because of the rules, moderators or anything, just people being lazy and not caring.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh yeah blame esf 1.3, that's your only reson that people did not like this mod because they playid a version that wasent finish , and to them that suck, that's why the forum die ,people who think that esf 1.3 did not change that much during this time,honetly i don't post that much to because noting interesting to post

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Seriously, if it is dead. Why the heck are you people posting here? That's not dead like, that's active like. Dead is something that people no longer post or barely check the forums. You guys, are checking the forums every single day, you also post and within the chat box as well.. Why do you call that dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom