Startup-Crash

Best answers
Whenever i start up esf ecx rc2 in any graphic/resoltion (i tried them all) it just crashes and closes. No error message. What do i do?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using STEAM? Could you also post your computer's specs, that should give us a little information to get started.

Best answers
Im only windows xp, and i open esf ecx rc2 from counter strike 1.6 i found free on youtube

EDIT:And no, i dont use steam.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im only windows xp, and i open esf ecx rc2 from counter strike 1.6 i found free on youtube
ESF and ECX only work properly with a legally purchased version of Half Life 1 ran through STEAM. I'm afraid neither were designed to run with CS 1.6, legal or not.

We also cannot provide help unless you are running it through HL1. Welcome to the forums though.

Best answers
It includes half life 1 online tough but i dont open half life to open esf ecx rc2

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It includes half life 1 online tough but i dont open half life to open esf ecx rc2
You need STEAM if you want to get it working properly with ESF and ECX installed through (as in inside the halflife directory) Half Life (obtained from purchase via STEAM or by verifying a retail version through STEAM) to work.

It's not a great idea to talk about illegally obtained software, it kinda breaches the forum AUP (rules).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF does not include Half Life and never will. Those are 2 seperate programs. Not using them the way they were intended to be used can and probably will cause problems.

Fact is Half Life is not freeware or shareware. You need to buy it, while ESf itself is freeware.

Its your own call what to do. Either Buy Half Life or youll be stuck solving all problems you get yourself simply because ESF was made for use with STEAM and we dont support nonsteam use. Ofcourse we allso have a strict rule against piracy so thats a double strike against you.

As said the call is yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom