Starting ESF Trouble

Best answers
Ok So I downloaded and installed Steam.. I have 2 accounts which I forgot about one and registered HL2 on the other.. SO I have the Plat Pack on one and the HL2 Pack on another..

So I log on the Plat Pack one update do all the downloads and installed ESF with what seems no problems.. Now I go to Steam and Launch HL 1 to activate the Mod. (Sorry in military so its been a while since i had the time to play there is no Mod Section to activate.) So I try to Load the ESF from the Start Menu with no luck saying it can't find the Steam.ex file in:

C: \progra~1\steam\steam.ex -applaunch 70 -game esf

So I try to point it to

C: \progra~1\steamapps\login@host\halflife\hl.exe -applaunch 70 -game esf

since that looks like a HL1 path and nothing.. SO I try

C: \progra~1\steam\steam.exe and I get nothing either saying its a wrong path etc..

Someone shed some light on this maybe please?

OrcD3vil

Best answers
Are you logged into steam when you start up ESF. And did you set up a dedicated server on Steam specifically for Half Life?

Best answers
ESF does not show up in Dedicated Server Choice. So I can not select to start a Dedicated Server. I just installed the Dedicated Server Software as I was unaware that they didn't have ESF Servers already out there that I could connect to.

OrcD3vil

Best answers
Seems like restarting Steam worked really well and fixed the problem. Weird but understandable really.

OrcD3vil

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doublepost bad, not getting in trouble by the really mean and harsh mods (like Pain- his name is pretty self explanitory in bed) good.

Okay, no more pointing the shortcut to any given target. Let's take a new road shall we military boy? ;)

Now let me get this all straight.

1. You have STEAM
2. You have a STEAM account which has Half-Life 1 legally installed on it.
3. You can click on Half-Life 1 and play it via STEAM.
4. You installed Earth's Special Forces into C:\...\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\youremailaddress\halflife

If all of this is correct and true, nothing should be wrong with your esf. If this does not help any, then I suggest uninstalling EVERYTHING. Steam, Half-Life, ESF, and reinstalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom