Starting a Ventrilo server, having problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trying to run a Ventrilo server and it's giving me some troubles.

First off I'm on XP 64 bit, if that's even relevant. The thing is, I download both the Client and the Server programs, but there is no specific version for 64 bit operating systems.

Now what happens is.. I set up my Client to connect to my IP adress and it just sits there saying "MSG: Contacting Server" until I press disconnect.

I have browsed the Ventrilo forums and thusfar I've opened up TCP and UDP ports 3874, which apparently are the defaults ports the server program uses. Also opened port 6100 because;

Flagship said:
If your client is displaying “MSG: Contacting” then your network is either blocking the UDP port that the requested server is listening on, or the server has not been upgraded to 3.0 yet as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Ventrilo also uses port 6100 to verify the authenticity of the server and must be open for UDP based communication. Again, if your network admins were to use an SPI based firewall then this would not be an issue.
The client I'm running is 3.0.4 (because that's the only one you CAN download off the Ventrilo site), but the server program has no newer version that 3.0.3.

So in short... why the hell can't I get this to work? :(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's what I said, Sky - There is no 64 bit Server software. I've been poking around on the Ventrilo forums and a lot of people seem to be having this problem. :S

EDIT: Yeah I could've worded it better in my first post, sorry. To clarify, I'm running 64-bit Client, and a 32-bit Server (because I can't find a 64 bit version / there is none).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using the 32-bit version on a 64-bit OS , and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom