Starship Troopers Game o/

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Anyone played it yet? Its nothing too special besides the fact that you kill like 1000000 bugs per human XD
but its fun as hell and the (original/first/whatsoever) movie owned o/

So if you like shooting a ****LOAD of bugs, go get the demo :D

http://www.starshiptroopers-game.com/

and ... is it released yet or does anyone know when? I couldnt find any info about that -_-

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I downloaded it and it didn't work on my computer. It just didn't load...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got it to work, but it ran really badly. It also had pretty lousy graphics and felt crippling to move--like a mech game. For a game where tons of enemies rush you really quickly, they are very hard to kill and you take a long time to reload, plus you move pretty goofily and slow.

Honestly the other starship troopers game--the weird overhead squad-based one--was actually a lot cooler. This is just crap, really. There is a map in HL2 that has the same thing with no awful voice acting and no dissilusions about having a plot worth movie cinema cutscenes...as well as three times the framerate and three times the polys and three times the control.

Eh. I hate to be the negative guy around here, but personally, I thought it was painfully mediocre.

DMW

Best answers
LOL ill try it out myself and see what i think of it,i really hope i dont feel like you do saiyan pride.

Best answers
Meh, I thought the demo was crap too. The performance and graphics were horrible as Pride said, though I fixed the performance by turning shadows off. The battles didn't seem especially epic like the movie, mainly because there weren't consistent waves of enemies and the cool music from the movie was missing. The mouse lag was terrible too, making it very difficult to aim.
The main problem though, is that you don't know if you're hitting an enemy until they finally die. There don't seem to be any bullet hole decals in enemies or hit reactions until you finally kill them. It makes the combat feel very weak imo. If they fixed that, I'd probably buy it provided it isn't full price - the coop mode supposed to be in should be fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's sad because it seems that there's such a simple concept. Make bugs...make them break apart when you shoot them...license a physics engine instead of that awful sequel...and it'd be easy money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Hard as hell to kill an enemy. I coulda sworn i chose EASY

I mean ffs, it takes almost all your ammo to kill one thing. The only sufficient way to kill an enemy is to use the shotgun thing.

All in all its crap o_o

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kinda sucks. Antlion Troopers Deuce on the other hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom