Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I just came across this movie when I was searching for movies in 2009:
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fl5AOJatwYg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fl5AOJatwYg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Truth being told, I think I'll love this one. And by the looks of it, a new stargate look as well.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
stargate universe is a new tv show not a movie

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh, I think this show looks pretty horrible. I'll check it out because I love stargate, but i'm not very hopeful.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like the Srat Track Voyager story ^^

Meaning "OMG due to some freak accident we got zapped to the other side of the galaxy. Now we have to get home"

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly Grega. The fact that their trapped on a ship kind of destroys the purpose of stargates, too, i mean they can just fly wherever the hell they want.

It gave me a BSG feeling too. All the characters are young and their probably all going to have sex with each other at one point in time. That was fine for BSG, but stargate isn't BSG.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
voyager was controllable this ship is not this ship as been auto set to drop gates at planets and can not be taken back to where ever the hell it came from

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now why in gods name would they send a bunch of civis on an alien ship they have no controll over >.<

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I just came across this movie when I was searching for movies in 2009:

Truth being told, I think I'll love this one. And by the looks of it, a new stargate look as well.
First will be a movie of SGU in 2009-10-02 it will be like in Knight Rider a Backdoor pilots

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stargate Universe is about a group of people who 'accidently' (or rather, are forced to) step trough the stargate which has the ninth chevron engaged, sending them to an Ancient ship that is uncontrolable and drops off stargates on random planets troughout the entire universe. From what I've heard, story telling will be rather similair to Battlestar Gallactica. Not so much centered on the universe and whatever planets they visit, but more centered on the people that will live on the ship.

But so far, I can't really be that excited about the show, I've seen some footage, but I can't help but feel disconnected with the characters from what I have seen so far. It sucks too that they killed off SGA just for this show. I'll give you that SGA's plot was getting weaker with nearly every episode, but still I really liked it. I loved parts with Sheppard vs McKay. I just hope I am wrong, and this show turns out to be good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was kind of skeptical about SGU, but I think it actually looks kind of good. I mean we had to get used to new characters in SGA, even though we've seen McKay before, but everyone else is new. I'm definitely going to be watching this show.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doctor weir major carter mr woolsy all been in sg1 not just mackay lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carter doesn't really count, and I forgot about Mr. Woolsy. But still, new characters, not such a big deal.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder how much of this universe will look like canada this time round.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone see SG1 Episode 200? Yeah, seems almost like someone decided to run with "Stargate: Younger and Hipper" and did a mashup of "Star Trek: Voyager" and "Battlestar Galactica" for good measure. Besides, Stargate isn't Stargate if it's on a ship. TBH they're just trying to milk he franchise for everything it's worth. I wish they'd just hammer out a few more SG1/SGA movies and be done with it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every series these days is going for younger and hipper. Just see Star Trek: Enterprise and Doctor Who, the new doctor is like 23 years old and looks like Frankenstein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom