Stargate Universe: First ep

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who saw it? I just did. And I have to say...

I kind of like it actually. It is a major difference to the previous series, but it's interesting though. It's a lot more serious than Atlantis and SG1 were, but at least whiz-math-boy attempts to liven it up a bit, while still retaining the seriousness of the show. You can definitly see the Battlestar Gallactica influence the show has, completely different atmosphere.

Although it didn't really capture the 'epicness' the first Atlantis episode had (with the whole "Damn, this city is HUGE" thing) I am eagerly awaiting the next episode.

That...and Senator's-daughter-chick is hot.

Your thoughts?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. "Stargate Younger and Hipper that's totally not BSG at all, no, really" seemed kinda meh an idea to me. I'll give it a go if I see a few positive reviews.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
i see it some time it have be boring but will see i next episode :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think It's alright. The new enemy they encountered looked exactly like a goauld mothership and gaould ships as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm...that wasn't the new enemy Sky. Those WERE the Goa'uld. That part of the show was still in the Milky Way. :p They were attacked by the Goa'uld, forced to jump through the gate onto the Destiny.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to check it out, but uh, I thought we, you know, killed all the Goa'uld.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it is explained how or why they attacked or I might have missed that. Then again, it was never said when the show takes place either, so it could be pre-Goa'uld assassination.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there's still some out there. Just not many, none with any real power.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wellp im not a fan of the whole drama setting >.<

For me Stargate will allways be the original movie and SG1 seasons up to the anihilation of Anubis ^^

I didnt even like the entire Orai thing to be honest.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it is explained how or why they attacked or I might have missed that. Then again, it was never said when the show takes place either, so it could be pre-Goa'uld assassination.
it carnt be pre goa'uld when its a genral oneall

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe the gould where able to travel greater distances then we thaught

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wellp im not a fan of the whole drama setting >.<

For me Stargate will allways be the original movie and SG1 seasons up to the anihilation of Anubis ^^

I didnt even like the entire Orai thing to be honest.
How about Atlantis? Atlantis had some great moments. Plus, McKay was awesome. I do agree on the Ori though. It wasn't that bad or anything, it was basicaly just a rehash of the old stories, this time with stronger and more powerful beings called the Ori instead of the Goa'uld.

Sad thing about Stargate is, that they still had/have so many things to explore, left untouched in the original SG1 Series. I would've loved to see more from the Asgard apart from the whole Replicator Arc. And what about the Nox? They have only been shown in 2 or 3 episodes. And of course the last of the 4 races; the Furlings. Only time they had any 'screen time' was on the episode where...Maybourne escaped to that Utopian planet through a portal that was made by the Furlings, and O'Neill had to follow him. And I won't even start about the countless amounts of episodes that ended with "Yeah, we'll meet again" and you never hear about them again. So many potential interesting storylines, and yet they make countless episodes about the war on the Goa'uld and the Ori.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know. Stargate was kind of ruined for me after watching battlestar. It just seemed so god damn corny compared to BSG.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill agree about McKay but im not really a fan of atlantis.

I mean they have the damn fortress city and they dont really do much. Trouth be told Atlantis kinda reminded me of Andromeda >.<

Not to mention youd think the Ancients would have left some hand weapons in that damn place. Yet they are still stick using earth guns >.<

Edit: @Sub i still and allways will say that the original BSG was better than the recreation. and this is the one and only Starbuck that i will accept.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I'm in the middle of the show right now. I'm not particularly loving it, I hate the fat kid and there's already been one sex scene.... They're trying to copy BSG and it's retarded, Stargate is not BSG and doesn't need to be.

Anyway, come on guys, the Lucian Alliance attacked the planet, not the Gou'uld. They're basically an alliance of planets, they own some ships that the Gou'uld used to have. Our one ship should have been able to **** them up, though.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Lucian_Alliance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom