Stargate Atlantis Canceled, new show greenlit

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just when I was starting to not hate Atlantis, they go and cancel it. The show will end with Season 5, but their making a movie to close the show up.

They green lit a new show, called Stargate Universe, premise is like lost in space / star trek. To quote the news article I read this from, "Stargate Universe is set on board a massive Ancient ship called the Destiny, millions of years older than even the city of Atlantis (story). The Ancients launched the automated ship millions of years ago to seed Stargates throughout many galaxies, with a second ship planned to follow it up and explore those planets. But they got busy with ascension, and never followed through on the plan."

Basically, people on Earth find out how to gate to the ship that was supposed to follow up and explore the planets that were seeded life. Except they can't gate back and apparently, because the ship is automated, can't use the ships navigation system to fly back to earth. I personally think the concept is horrible, they could have come up with a lot better =/. I should also mention that they stated that their going for a younger audience, which leaves me worried.

Anyone here care :p

Last edited:
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Ohnoes :(

I like Atlantis :(

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am going to kill those guys

G
They're dragging it through the mud.

If Joss Whedon made a new Buffy spin-off featuring none of the main characters, no vampires and no demons..
It would still look better than this.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that sucks.

SG1 rocked, Atlantis was great, but this sounds like crap to be honest >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're dragging it through the mud.

If Joss Whedon made a new Buffy spin-off featuring none of the main characters, no vampires and no demons..
It would still look better than this.
How can you compare Buffy to Stargate?

Best answers
i don't get it so since no one ever dropped off those stargates doesn't that mean when they drop one off they can just go home???

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah.

There are two ships. One ship seeded life and stargate systems throughout many galaxies millions of years ago. The second ship was built to explore and make contact with the galaxies / worlds the first ship seeded life to. I'm assuming the second ship was to be launched a few thousand years after the first one. They never got a chance to launch the second ship, though, considering all ancients ascended. Millions of years later, we gate to the second ship, but find out we can't get home because the ships navigation system is programmed to go to worlds the first ship seeded life to. We can't gate back to Earth because the gate systems of different galaxies aren't connected. It's lost in Space and Star Trek.

Again, I think they could have come up with something much better than this concept.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully it won't get to the point after having had been away from Earth for so long where they're like, "Pfft. There's no such planet as Earth. It's just a legend." Then they'd be crossing into BSG territory.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They won't. All three series take place at the same time, present day.

G
How can you compare Buffy to Stargate?
You're right, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is on a totally different level with comedy, action and even plot.

..Or at least, it is far, far better than Atlantis or the SG1 without O'Neil. It's easy to forget how good Stargate once was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom