Star Wars - The Force Unleashed [Gameplay]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet. Force grip, impale, push is the coolest thing.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Looks good indeed, just the voices could have been done better though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Batsabers for the loose.. Lightsabers are supposed to cleave guys in two! Not smack them around like foam toysabers.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Batsabers for the loose.. Lightsabers are supposed to cleave guys in two! Not smack them around like foam toysabers.
Or explode for that matter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I believe the dev team's motto is "kicking ass with the force."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that was unimpressive. The graphics look great and all, and the physics look pretty solid, but it really doesn't look that great. Not as it was made out to be, and not enough to make me wish I had a console. It'll probably be a good action game, but I don't think it's going to feel enough like Star Wars.

The lightsabers in this game look like they're going to be a huge letdown. Lightsabers don't knock people into the air, they dismember. Those troopers wouldn't be hacking and choking if they were being attacked like that... they probably wouldn't be making any noise at all, what with being CUT IN HALF AND ALL. It's painful to watch a physics engine this churn out melee fighting like this. Combos should exist for the sole purpose of seeing how many pieces I can cut the guy into, not so I can chain a string of feeble attacks together - this isn't Spiderman.

IT'S A LIGHTSABER FFS! MAKE IT FEEL LIKE ONE!

Why do people explode when they hit things? Seriously, why.

How is he impervious to blaster fire while using his force powers?

Dark said:
looks pretty cool, hopefully it comes out for computer too.
Nope, everything but. It's on the ****ing N-Gage, but they didn't feel a PC version was needed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing of it is, though, is that it's not a lightsaber FPS. It's a force FPS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pi5TndmAM-s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pi5TndmAM-s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYXziqXhScs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYXziqXhScs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing of it is, though, is that it's not a lightsaber FPS. It's a force FPS.
You can't throw out the entire rest of the universe just because you want to focus on the force.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they had you one-hit-kill Stormtroopers then you'd be running out of enemies real fast.

Jedi Academy didn't have you one-hit-kill people (most of the time), even though the saber burns through flesh like a hot knife through butter, and yet that game went on to be very popular.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't throw out the entire rest of the universe just because you want to focus on the force.
why? it's called "the force unleased" not "the saber cuts" (sorry, couldnt think of anything better). i think its a good idea to focus on the "magical" part of the genre than the science fiction.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's based on Unleashing the force, meaning, the force is powerful, and hasn't really been used to it's full potential in any other Star Wars installment, implying, that they are unleashing it, thus the name of the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they had you one-hit-kill Stormtroopers then you'd be running out of enemies real fast.
I don't think many of the enemies he's throwing around are going to be in next weeks episode, if you catch my meaning.

The physics engine does look incredibly amazing on it's own though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have jedi outcast + force unleashed physics and force powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom