Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recommend taking a look at this game. Its a great mmorpg and has a lot of variety to keep you interested. You crash land on this planet named "Taris". After a surprise attack from the emerging Sith Empire. You, a soldier named Carth and a ship commander/jedi knight Bastilia are the only survivors. You and Carth are seperated from her due to using different escape pods. Find an abandoned apartment and decide to search for her.

You wonder around the planet which is under Sith control and are forced to keep a low profile. The planet is really just one large metropoliswith three levels. The Upper City, Lower City, and Undercity.

The Upper City is your modern day New York, with apartment complexes full of goodies, a crowded cantina sponsering duel rings(which earn cash) and also you have the option of trying your hand a famous card game(star wars version of blackjack)

The Lower City is the "ghetto" of the planet. It was once a great tourist attraction till rival gang wars (Black Vulgers vs The Hidden Bek) ruined the laid back atmosphere. You can't walk down an open street with out getting shot at least once or twice. Bounty Hunters are a numerous site and their is also plenty of crime organizations to be found.

The Under City is mostly outcasts/criminals who were tried and banished to this sector of the planet. Their is a disease known as "Rakghouls" that complicates the whole situation.

The actual role playing part is well crafted. You can choose to follow the Republic's orders and search for Bastilia, become a bounty hunter, join an evil crime organization, or pledge to the Sith. Who have the serum for the "Rakghoul" disease. Which is a highly pursued item. Finding this item you have a choice to either give it to the local hospital for public curing or sell it to the highest bidder. Decisions like these effect your light or dark status and this is just the "first" planet.....

Best answers
I'm still waiting on the PC version of this game... I'll give my thoughts on it then, but I would expect much from a game based off the Neverwinter engine. Bioware makes good games.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
*edited after reading ... previous post*

Wtf? Why cant they make something out with the same battle engine of Academy of something like that.. First everquest for galaxies.. now neverwinter nights engine?

I dont think its bad since i never played NVN but ... if the game is like.. You enter a battle then you choose what move you do... and all the stuff then you press play and all the stuff you chose to do happens.. well i wont get this game..

I want some real-time action, when i press to jump he jumps and such... :\
Man i dont like where the games are going.. the game looks fantastic... the theme is good... the story and all.. i hope that this engine and the gameplay is good... they dont show much movies with gameplay footage :\

if anyone got some info about how the battle work.. well im highly interested.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the battle system is like this.....

you walk around the corner, a menu pops up at the top. you can choose to either engage or to continue what your doing.

if you click engage it automatically shoots for you, only to stop if you look in another direction or move. their is the critical hit option which is a slower move but stronger. melee weapons such as vibroblades and lightsabers are similar.

its based on XP so you can level up your guy and upgrade your weapons as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom