Star Wars Episode VII cast is now offical!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Yes, the cast is now official, man I am curious what shit is gonna come down!

They had their first table read yesterday on 1.5.14, GMT+2 time.

The casting looks solid, but the fact that Disney is making it is a double edged sword since they are known for making movies for children and adults simultaneously, in the cost of artistic freedom and depth in favor of marketing (compare The Avengers movies next to the X-Men movies for example or Nolan's Batman films).

To all of you who said it doesn't matter Disney makes PG films, please remember what happened when George Lucas went for profit when he made the prequel trilogy for kids (PG rating).

Personally I think the movie would be OK, but it will never succeed The Empire Strikes Back (Episode 5) in maturity and depth, which I find it annoying.

I always imagined Star Wars to work best if it had the same artistic freedom as Game of Thrones, lack the nudity (not succumbing to make it kid-friendly, but to actually show violence and horrific things.)

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Star wars isn't about 'horrific' things or gore or adult themes for that matter. It's more adventure, science fiction, mystery, suspense. I wouldn't give 2 poops seeing a PG rating. If it's got good writing, dialogue, atmosphere and themes I wouldn't care at all. Disney has shown it's skills with effects with Tron. They know that millions are counting on them to make a blast for a sequel and they will deliver in my opinion.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering they're proud of the childish nonsense that is TCW that they made and accepted as canon to the movies, I can't have high hopes for the sequel movies, really.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Disney know how to make movies

I'll watch it expecting better than the prequals but I won't expect original trilogy quality

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Disney know how to make movies
*cough* Prince of Persia*cough*

I'll watch it expecting better than the prequals but I won't expect original trilogy quality
I agree. I also don't care if the cast is made out of famous actors or not. I'll form an opinion after i see the movie.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can tell its gonna be high quality with j.j abrams as the producer look at the way the GFX where in the star trek movies i know the plot wasnt so good but the gfx was awesome

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can tell its gonna be high quality with j.j abrams as the producer look at the way the GFX where in the star trek movies i know the plot wasnt so good but the gfx was awesome
Lense flare simulator 3 anyone?

Discord Member
Best answers
if you think that all disney movies are PG rated ... u are dead wrong. Disney makes a lot of R rated movies ....

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would you care to share some examples with us please?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
I think people forget that George Lucas didn't cast many "famous" actors to play characters in the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom