Star Wars: Empire at War

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Star Wars Empire at War released a demo the other day and I have to say I'm surprised with just how good the game is. Any other people interested in this game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Empire at War?? Is that part of Galaxies, or something separate?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a Star Wars RTS and I will be all over this one.

LIKE UBER-MICRO SOME STORMTROOPERS AND AT-AT YOUR BASE... AND STUFF!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Empire at War?? Is that part of Galaxies, or something separate?
It's a star wars RTS made largely by ex-westwood employees. It has nothing to do with galaxies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard alot of reviews about it. Alot of... disappointed players

Best answers
I havent had a chance to get the demo fully downloaded yet. IS this anything like Force Commander? That game blew chunks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Downloading it now. I hope it shall be a blast to play. Most RTS's I play, I use a special tactic. Which owns the enemy. And makes the RTS boring.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Downloaded it, but have yet to install.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played it and its not too bad. I wish it was a little bit more like Rebellion in its space combat and economy management though.
There are also some issues I have with the unit types, their size, and the amount of craft within them, but that's mostly just a star wars fanboy complaints.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just played it. Think of it as a mix of
Mild-Civilisation
Mild-Homeworld
Mild-Dawn of War

And you got Empire at War. For me, possibly, only the space battles were fun, but again, it was in 2D, unlike Homeworld. Its organized into days, like Civ, and then you got the basic DoW land battles.

Overall, I'd like to see some definite improvements. Was a mild disappointment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
Played it and its not too bad. I wish it was a little bit more like Rebellion in its space combat and economy management though.
There are also some issues I have with the unit types, their size, and the amount of craft within them, but that's mostly just a star wars fanboy complaints.
Rebellion, now that was a cool game, especially for its time. This doesnt quite look worth downloading, unless I break my hand in such a way that I cant play guitar or masterbate, but can somehow still play computer. A Star Wars RTS... its been done.

Best answers
Ok, I finally got the demo working, and I gotta say...

WOW

Finally a game that shows more of the rich and diverse universe of Star Wars aside from the friggin' individual battles and story arcs. This game really seems to have captured the idea of the Galactic Empire Vs Rebel Alliance that's been missing in games lately. Mostly it's "you (jedi or strong gunman) Vs Stormtroopers" and that's nice and all, but you very rarely get the sense of "war" in Star Wars these days... yet another one of George Lucas' shortcomings lately.

If I can manage the funds, I might pick it up... Better yet, I might be able to find it online.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gotta say, I played it, and I actually liked it. It's weird but it's nice that it has so much of the universe's traits but doesn't bog things down with huge tech trees or weird units and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom