Star Wars Battlefront

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So I just checked out the new Battlefront trailer. All I can say is wow.
What do you guys think? Looks pretty hot to me!

I only have one complaint. From what I hear, there will be no space battles :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For all the talk about how it's "in engine" it looks pretty pre-rendered to me. Also tells me too little about gameplay, to make it worth spending £49 on it, which knowing EA will probably be the cheapest alternative.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Star wars battlefield? (To boil it down to basics)

Pass

I thought it was a RTS at first

What ever happened to the bounty hunter game they were doing?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Pass

Disney put a stop to it. Why? Because it was already in production when they gained Star Wars I guess.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Also it is more likely that the trailer was pre-animated. But I am pretty positive that it is not pre-rendered, it just doesn't look like any pre-rendered thing I've ever seen and I'm usually pretty good at telling. Something in the atmosphere gives it away.

And I'm not worried about it not having space battles or a formal campaign, as such was the case with the first Battlefront and it was just great. At least you can dogfight over the levels which they have assured are FAR bigger than anything done in the previous games.

Honestly I am really looking forward to this one. First and third person options will make it enjoyable for almost anyone(I always prefered third person because I just like seeing my avatar animated).

The game will only cover the original films. Also not too much of a bummer. I enjoyed the new trilogy, but I'll take storm troopers over Droids any day.

--- edit ---

Pass

1313, the boba fett game we always wanted, got canned unfortunately.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
In-Engine just means the ingame engine is used. It doesn't state whether it's realtime( 30+ fps) or just interactive(around 10-20fps) and captured in some "stop motion" fashion. To me it looks very good,but not like something you could run in a non-scripted environment where you can't spend all the compute power to just make a pretty trailer. Just look at how UnrealEngine4 can be used to make short animation clips with stunning graphics...still you won't see a game with such graphics the next few years.

Anyway still can't wait for it :D

The Magic Booper
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not sure how I feel about this, honestly. I want a new and improved version of Battlefront II, but I can't help but feel we might end up getting Star Wars: Battlefield. If the snowspeeders on Hoth can't wrap their grappling hooks around an AT-AT's legs that's it for me :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was a one of a kind trick, which could mean, the answer to your hopes is, nay.

Honestly what will put me off will absolutely be the inevitable prices. £49.99 for the standard version £59.99 for the premium version and at the very least £89.99 for the master version or some other BS.

As I am now really enjoying GTA V for the PC for £39.99 and as I will hopefully enjoy the Witcher 3 for £36.49 just as much for a very long time to come with lots of things to do without them feeling unimmersive (like a lot of Ubisoft Games now a days), to me a game will no longer have any excuse to be over £40 pounds and just have a repetitive multiplayer with DLC maps and a 6 hours worth long SP. For that price it better come with some serious amounts of package.

So yeah well done Disney, not only did you un-cannon everything that had to do with video games and anything else from the expanded star wars universe and cancelled a promising Video Game and a quite decent TV Show, that was actually making up for some of the prequel bullshit, but you also sold your gaming department to the biggest cash-whores of the industry, who now have a game that will be ready after barely 3 years after your take-over.

That upcoming movie better blow the **** out of everything that's coming out with it's perfection and it better not be anything short of that. I also better not ******* ever see the prospect of a star wars musical ever appear on IMD or anywhere, you bunch of prince and princess obsessed clods.

Also I want my avengers a day early. Why the hell did you have to release it on Wednesday when Tuesdays is the cheap night?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
*slow claps @ pumadace2000* Johnny F*kin BRAVO!!!
Sure make fun of me for hating the idea to get over-charged for a lesser repetitive game just on the basis of a hype that I never had since I never really liked SW:BF that much, and for my personal SW preferences.

And yes it's EA. That will absolutely 110% guarantee happen.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not Battlefront 3 related, but Battlefront 2 is currently $3 on steam until the 7th if anyone cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom