Star Citizen

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I downloaded this game, got into Port Olisar, boarded my ship, flew around the space station for about 3 minutes and quit.

It's probably bad to make a comparison to EVE, but just like that game, I have no idea what to do with these type of games. With that being said, this game seems really interesting and once I figure out how to actually play this shit I can see myself liking this game.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Right now people can check the game out for free until Feb 8th.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fine in Hangar, but in Universe the game runs like ass on i5-2500 and GTX 970. I read that client FPS is directly affected by server performance, nevertheless I can't really enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'm fine in Hangar, but in Universe the game runs like ass on i5-2500 and GTX 970. I read that client FPS is directly affected by server performance, nevertheless I can't really enjoy the game.

Yea it sure takes a beast of a machine to run it well. Take into account, its still very much alpha software.
A lot of stuff still needs to be optimized. I run the hanger and area 18 perfectly smooth. Port Olisar can be a little choppy if a lot of people are on.
My rig is ancient though, running an old core 2 quad Q9550 2.83ghz with only 4 gigs of DDR2. My only saving grace is my video card, ATI R9 270.
By the way, free flight has been extended to Feb 14th.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
3.5 released not long ago. Totally new flight model. New ships to play with. New planet to explore.
Still has plenty of bugs but its stable and playable. The graphics are amazing as well.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Isn't this the game that is super expensive? (the extra content stuff), I've been interested in the game though is a simple starters pack worth it?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
it is. The stuff you can buy are "just" other spaceships and the devs said, that won't be possible after launch as it's just used to found the game. It also doesn't give you an immediate advantage as for big ships you need a crew to man the turrets. The basic starter pack gives you a small ship which is most likely to do everything you can do in the game atm. So you don't need to buy bigger ships, unless you want them early on(though the ability to rent/buy them ingame is partly already implemented)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So you can't build your own later on in the game? And buying them (I assume in-game currency) is only partly implemented? Sounds like the game isn't really close for release then.

Refuse to pay a lot of money just for the sake of founder ships.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
"it is"..was referring to the starter pack..not the expensive part ;D

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Just an FYI, Star Citizen will be free to play until May 8th. If you need someone to show you the ropes, I would love to help. I've got a pretty large fleet as I've dumped a ton of money into this game. Hope to see you guys in the verse!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
How much did you actually pay for the game? :eek:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That's a very nice collection, but why on earth would you almost pay 3k for such game?

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That's a very nice collection, but why on earth would you almost pay 3k for such game?
I enjoy showing my support. I want to see them succeed and so far they have been doing a great job. I play this game every day and I love it.

Imagination

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Two thousand......seven hundred.....and eighty-eight dollars.....on a game.....good lord man O_O

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoy showing my support. I want to see them succeed and so far they have been doing a great job. I play this game every day and I love it.

Imagination
Can you support my game? Imma kickstart it in a min.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I fully understand in backing a game, but even paying over 1K for a game is a bit overkill in my opinion. If by any chance the game fails in the end, or dies for some reason you'll lost all your investments. Besides, any game with such a high payment requirements just for getting those ships is in my book a no no :p.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not even sure my whole steam library is worth $3k

I couldn't spend that much on one game. I get why people do it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom