Stamina Based Meele

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, I have an idea of waht it is, but...i'd like to see waht other people think it might be..

My thought

-Stamina Bar
-Each Attack Depletes energy (based on power)
-Combo's take excessive Stamina
-Throwing and Basic Meele Take Stamina also

Well i don't know what It's really gonna be like, but is that the general idea or what?

Best answers
mm.. what i've heard is that.. flying takes stamina and melee takes stamina.. not so sure about the flying.. it might take ki and stamina :D all jumping and stuff takes stamina.. that's what i've heard. some time ago tought.. dunno what knews there are from it atm ;D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's been many stamina-based suggestions before, all basically the same idea.

I like to keep things simple. Why have another meter to watch? And how would you recover stamina? Slowly over time? If certain melee attacks drain large amounts of stamina, then you're going to have people sitting idly or attacking with beams because they're out of stamina. Plus, aren't ki and stamina almost the same thing? There was never really a distinction between the two.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the stamina bar only applys to advanced melee each punch costs stamina.
Each hit you recive costs stamina. And each hit you give gives you a little stamina back.

And that goes on untill 1 of the players runs out of stamina for attack or dosent put in the attack combo.

Just my thoughts

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why don't we all just wait until 1.3 comes out and then we will all find out. :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stamina seems like a silly thing to put in for melee. I mean, generally speaking the point of putting something like stamina in is to prevent you from spamming the attack. Now, who in ESF complains about someone using melee too much? I mean, if they should put a limit on something, it should be the beams, not the thing that makes ESF, well... ESF.

Just my thoughts though. Who knows, maybe the stamina won't limit melee in any way. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it hasn't been scrapped (I'm not up to date), it wasn't originally designed to limit melee in any way. I designed it to compliment melee with special features which I also designed, but my design was altered in ways I was never fully made aware of, and I'm not sure if they've had time to even implament it. I'm hoping it'll make it in-game whether it's what I put together or what somebody else did, melee could use a kick in the pants.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in DBZ yeah stamina is basically Ki...

In real life, they are different. So I assume ESF will adopt that. Ki will probably just let you use attacks and what not, once your out, its just like spiderman loosing his web fluid, no fatigue, just out of ammo.

Stamina will probably be how long you can keep something up, such as running, you keep on running till your tired, you rest, and you can run again.

So put the 2 metaphors together: You are running with a gun, you are shooting things and you run out of ammo, but you are still running, so you just reload your gun and start shooting again and after a while, even though you still have bullets, you grow weary of running and need to rest and can not focus enough to aim and shoot.

I gotta trademark that ****.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
So put the 2 metaphors together: You are running with a gun, you are shooting things and you run out of ammo, but you are still running, so you just reload your gun and start shooting again and after a while, even though you still have bullets, you grow weary of running and need to rest and can not focus enough to aim and shoot.
That's exactly what I don't want. =/

"I'm all tired out from using a big energy blast, so I'll just fly circles around you and punch you a thousand times!"

If a stamina system is to be implemented, it should be no more than an extension of the already-developed ki. Beams aren't guns that you fire and reload. They use ki, which is supposed to be the source of all your actions and attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I was just giving an assumption on what I think it would be.

What I want it to be is that only certain attacks drain it, the lower it is, the less you can use that certain attack(s), for example the spirit bomb/kamehameha, Goku could only use them so much until his stamina depletes, and their could probably be some different melee system that requires stamina or something...

And i bet the Devs just love our attempts on guessing what the stamina system is like.

Best answers
I have a rather silly point to make..
isnt stamina the same as health?. i mean.. techincally after every fight your not "dead" your just outta stamina. round over. right?

so what i think would be best would be to have two bars.
KI, and Stamina(stamina/health in one)
ki is used for the big attacks and such... onces yyour outta ki, its time to rest / recharge or whatever. but you sitll have enough energy to continue fighting. for a while.

make ki attacks both drain KI, and a little bit of stamina.
make flying drain ki. but at such a level that ki recharges faster then stamina is used up.

in effect this means that a round is not over till one player is completly exhausted. and forces one player to be mega aggressive.. and hold on the attack lest they want their opponent to have ttime to "recharge".

Being hit ofcourse takes up a huge amount of stamina. and stamina used when you attack is minimal.

(thinks the dual health bars in some beat em ups.. each time you get hit, you loose MAX health. so you can only recharge a certain amount. that means the one who has been pummeled the most, cant recover as much as the one who hasnt. )

well thats just me brainstorming.. i think i need a copy of halflife..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i don't like tha ideea is too lame i mean what happens when stamina is drained ? the player has a funny pozition (sry but i don't know that much engliesh) that means the team has to make gor evry model a pozition that takes some time + the androids had to have some avantedge cuz thy don't have (respirator organs :(( ) and therbefore they will rulemele and jumping and other thingz! my (how does it say) stamina ain't good!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol, if they implement it this stupid, I think I'm gonna just h4x the game to put it in way 1.2 is/was.
Since it would be pretty stupid:
"Hahahahahahaha, you lost ur stamina. Now I can garbage you."
Its enough we loose ki. But stamina also? That suxx.
The whole thing I read about new HUD and other things make me sick. Why they can't just add new chars, attacks, techniques, combos, and leave the current system intact?
Damn...

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I agree whenver people put stamina into a mod it slows it down and make the game really frustrating.Also its alot of extra work for the creators all for nothing. Its always a waste.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What ever they do (scrapped or not) they will balance it out =)

DMW

Best answers
i could be wrong but shouldnt this be moved to the suggestions section

Best answers
no it should not.. his just asking that does anybody know about it..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should at least know that you're all incorrect in almostt every assumption you've made about the stamina system I designed for 1.3 . Just saying that it'll slow down gameplay alone is the biggest misconception you could possibly have about my system. While I don't know how masta's system was supposed to work, I'm going to assume he didn't completely destroy my ideas, which means his system would actually increase the speed of gameplay.

Also, Joe, you can't make one giant off topic post and write it off with the words "off topic" written out above it. Also, DMW, let the moderators handle those calls and please post something relevant to the topic at hand. This thread seems less about suggestions and more about guessing how something is supposed to work that hasn't fully been explained.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe you can go into an adrenaline mode and attack super fast XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom