ST: Bridge Commander - A Video ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Majin_You and I had a little ruffle in Bridge Commander today. I recorded several videos, but have only compressed and uploaded one atm.

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=26GWSAABKEOCY0S51UF8BR0W57

Note, this was his third ship against my one and only Sovereign.

(This compressor makes the size nice and small, but it's just generally very low quality. Anyone know of a pretty good, free one?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, I wasn't hacking. Majin_You just likes to use weak ships while I prefer stronger flagships, like the Sovereign class.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, I like to increase the challenge for me in a dogfight to an enraging level, while Smith| likes to sit by and dump tons of torpedoes out of his ship and watch me respawn with markedly different ships every time =P

It's really quite a mix, heh. One of these days, I'm sure I'll take down the mighty USS Espresso with 1 ship.

Ah, well. At least now, I have an incentive to play BC online, heh.

EDIT - Oh, it figures he'd make a video of me using the worst ship of the bunch. Man, that thing was slow as hell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
Yup, I like to increase the challenge for me in a dogfight to an enraging level, while Smith| likes to sit by and dump tons of torpedoes out of his ship and watch me respawn with markedly different ships every time =P

It's really quite a mix, heh. One of these days, I'm sure I'll take down the mighty USS Espresso with 1 ship.

Ah, well. At least now, I have an incentive to play BC online, heh.
Ah, dreams; the only things noone can take away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I remember this game!

It bothered me how underpowered the weapons were. Go watch any of the movies and show me torpedos being that powerless. You get hit by a torpedo... people should be flying over the console, lights flashing irregularily, and fireworks in the walls should go off.

Unless Im mistaken, that little Romulan ship survived several torpedo barrages, even a number of quantums with no shields. I cry bull****!

Fun game none the less. I liked making large fleets to attack a cube with. The torpedos on those suckers can blow the ship Smiths got clear in half, so it would take an armada to hurt the thing. Ah, what fun...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, playing in campaign mode can be age inducing. Some of the bigger battles take forever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. Seems like standard meta gaming to me; pick the best ship, win, claim it's fun. Like most multiplayer games these days.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could pwn you. I never played the game, much less heard of it, but I could pwn you in it. Simply joining the game will cause you to start killing YOURSELF until I win.

Fear me, smith. Fear me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Ah, dreams; the only things noone can take away.
Yeah... like the one in which you never lose in BC. The cold hand of reality will hit you one of these days =P

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Heh. Seems like standard meta gaming to me; pick the best ship, win, claim it's fun. Like most multiplayer games these days.
That about sums about the multiplayer, I'd imagine. Truth be told, I've only ever squared off against Smith in multiplayer. Otherwise, I just do Instant Action (pick a ship, pick opponents, pick an area of space, and then have at it). However, I like to break the "pick the best ship" motif by, clearly, picking the underdogs. Although it's rather frustrating to be blown up in a matter of minutes, it is fun to try and take down a capital ship with multiple small ships (that's why I like to take on the Borg in instant action, heh).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Age inducing? Thats a new one for me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Of course by "clam it's fun" you mean "it is fun", because it is most definitely to me =). Anywho, the Sovereign is by far not the best ship; but it is a good one =P.

Best answers
To be honest, to me, this game looks like one of those where it's awesome when I play it at a friends house. Then I become all impulsive and decide to buy it. Then I regret it because after a day I lose interest.
Sad, because right now I want to play this game, and I don't know if it can keep me hooked

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
To be honest, to me, this game looks like one of those where it's awesome when I play it at a friends house. Then I become all impulsive and decide to buy it. Then I regret it because after a day I lose interest.
Sad, because right now I want to play this game, and I don't know if it can keep me hooked
The default game won't, but with mods, it will. The original soundtrack is what will drive you away the most.

Best answers
Mods? So... you would recommend my buying this game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would, just make sure you get the Kobayashi Maru mod. That adds the ability to launch shuttles, warp between systems, have warp combat, disconnect the saucer section, and a whole lot of other fun little details that the developers left out.

Ex. say you launch a shuttle as your capital ship is about to explode, you transport over to it, run like hell, while whatever other ships are left duke it out.
You could spawn a new ship for you at the edge of the system and beam over to it with your enemies thinking your dead, or at least preoccupied with other things.
They even have the Prometheus, which lets you split your ship into three parts and dissect your opponents ^^

Bridge Commander is meh, but w/Kobayashi Maru its great.

/is star trek fanboy >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
I would, just make sure you get the Kobayashi Maru mod. That adds the ability to launch shuttles, warp between systems, have warp combat, disconnect the saucer section, and a whole lot of other fun little details that the developers left out.

Ex. say you launch a shuttle as your capital ship is about to explode, you transport over to it, run like hell, while whatever other ships are left duke it out.
You could spawn a new ship for you at the edge of the system and beam over to it with your enemies thinking your dead, or at least preoccupied with other things.
They even have the Prometheus, which lets you split your ship into three parts and dissect your opponents ^^

Bridge Commander is meh, but w/Kobayashi Maru its great.

/is star trek fanboy >_>
We (Majin_You, Cucumba, and I) use the Enemies of Life 1.4 Deluxe mod. It's very fun.

Best answers
This isn't reviving right?
Because I got my hands on the game and my "Target at Will" will own you all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I'll be waiting, my little Klingon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom