Best answers
kinda blocky... you mean polys? cuz if its 800 vertices then its way too much for the half life engine...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about that. The mod I made it for says that the poly limitations are 1200 for them. cya later

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
errr..... 800 polys you say? where the hell did they go... that model is really blocky

Best answers
are you sure thats not the flat shaded one and not the smooth one? maybe thats why it seems blocky.....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it has to be the smooth one, because look at the pants... they're perfectly round... hmm, unless thats where all them damn polys went to

Best answers
i dont get it, how come everyone cant make a model like this

is it cause the Quake Engine is better then the HL engine???? Im totally confused on this!!!!!!!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
now THAT is a good model, i can not wait for bfp, anyway, back on topic, that model of yours Gohan looks... well, Square!!!

Best answers
ok well first of all buddy that is a render and will looking nothing like that in the game even if you have the best video card.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Capone125
i dont get it, how come everyone cant make a model like this

is it cause the Quake Engine is better then the HL engine???? Im totally confused on this!!!!!!!!
the hl engine is the quake engine, just a really old one... therefore it cannot handle as many polys as the new one... as for making a model like that... look at Vassago's models... they're great, but because he's a really good modeller, most of the people on these forums who post their models are first timers and really dont know the tricks of the trade as it were... so in short... Q3 engine better than HL engine.. BFP models can have more polys, more polys mean better models

Best answers
You guys should use a custom engine, its a would be good engine, plus it wouldnt have some of the limitations of the Q2 engine (environemtn deformation, model changing INGAME -think ssj to ussj-, poly limits.) I looked at the ss3 models and they suck because they max out the polys for thsi engine. What is it again like 1400? Thats not very many... but i need a better video card to handle it hehehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There ant really any limitations vas has made CounterStrike models over 2000polys with no slow down on his machine so why should it be different for you lot ;)

BrunO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom