Best answers
hey here is my ssj3 goku, the skin is only a temp, my friend is gonna try to skin it, if it turns out well ill show the finished product when its done, here ya go everybody, i know it looks a lil screwy but remember, to make a really good ssj3, it would take waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to many polies in the hair, unless ur a really good modeler, which i am not, and i use milkshape, so i have kinda limited options on how to make the hair
SSJ3 Colored
SSJ3 Smooth Shaded

Best answers
well..... i dont know much bout al lthis stuff but that model is weird too un pro[portioned or whatever arms too big and the hair is prety bad. Sorry dude....

Best answers
well the arms look too long because the camera angle, i made it closer to the head so people could see it better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he looks like the hunch back of notre dame's bro or something.. hehe sorry he look hunched over

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to offend, since I could not make anything better. But I think it looks pretty terrible.

Just over all try and make things look better. Especially the hair.

Best answers
alot of people on these forums are jerks, saying it just looks terrible doesnt help me make it better, if u dont have something to say that will help me make it better, why would u say anything at all?

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Considering your level of experience, i think youre doing an excellent job, however, 1 recommendation i would make, is go to a site that has some GOOD referance pictures for DBZ characters, so you can get your proportions correct, and perhaps a lil study in basic anatomy wouldnt hurt either

All in all, youre doin well, keep it up ;)

Cheers

Best answers
thanks cheeseman, see this is the kinda thing that helps me get better

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Its not bad, Especially since your pretty new to this but I'd like to point something out :) Make him a bit taller, he looks like a Leprachaun with a belly [Don't take this offensivly, I couldn't do any better :)]

Maybe make him a bit taller and his hair with less spikes.

Best answers
hmm alright, thanks for the info spifire, btw i want people to know i actually listen and improve on points people tell me so if u notice something that hasnt been pointed out tell me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its good but there are several things that need work.. for one the hair isnt long enough and ssj3 gokus hair comes down to a point like \/ at the end and it aslo goes down to his ass

also the front of the hair needs to be redone and the head could use some reshapeing but other than that its good

Best answers
ive redone alot on the hair due to the suggestions of all u happy people, tomorrow, ill work on the front part of his hair, u can see the updated pics at the ssj3color link at the top of the page

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
DEWD, whatever feedback you get, DONT lose the faith.

Its easy to quit, why do you think so many ppl do ?

Stick with it and achieve what you set out to do, the only person that needs to get satisfaction from your efforts is YOU

Cheers

Best answers
A+ for effort, not bad for a first swing.. although he looks like he's got sideburns. prolly just the angle, good job for a ssj3 goku tho. that'd prolly be one of the hardest characters to model. :yes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cheeseman
DEWD, whatever feedback you get, DONT lose the faith.

Its easy to quit, why do you think so many ppl do ?

Stick with it and achieve what you set out to do, the only person that needs to get satisfaction from your efforts is YOU

Cheers
cheese the inspiration poet

the model looks like his legs are stubby from the front. i think the skin is a little blurred. the hair is alright but doesn't really resemble the anime version. don't worry your a lot better than i am at any type of modeling. you got SKILLZ in my book.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No problem man and I must admit, I am liking your stuff now :) Keep this up! So, Who are you planning to do for your next model :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that model. The first attempt I made at a model of a person from scratch was a sphere with 5 cones coming out of it, and a rectangular-esk shape for the main body (i think...)

I would listen to Cheese, take a look at some clear pics of SSJ3 Goku to check proportions, and see if u can get a clear glance at the hair from all 4 angles, that should help to shape it perfectly.

For new modeling I give it my personal :yes:

Best answers
thanks for all ur comments people, yeah making ssj3 goku and keeping it under 1300 polygons is almost impossible, but what u see is the best I could do right now, i tried a bunch of other ways, but non of them looked right at all, i think i picked a character thats a little too advanced for my right now, and spitfire, i dunno what im gonna do next, what do u wanna see done?

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
If you wanna try another character from DBZ that ISNT done all the time, why not consider a Master Roshi?

Just a thought ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or a midget krillin from dragon ball

or even better a nimbus cloud!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom