SSJ2 Vegeta (Replacement for 1.2 SSJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
It's looking great but I just have a few ideas on what to change:

1) the gap between the legs is a bit too large.... start the legs a bit closer together

2) the shoulder muscles could go in a bit where it connects to the armour giving it a more muscular effect

3) raise the arms a tad because it looks like they're a bit low

4) extend the armour a bit further down...make it a bit longer...

This is just my opinion....

Best answers
Points taken and model adjusted, thanks :)

and slim; i can do the skin, there's no problem there... its the bone rigging and exporting to esf that i havent a clue how to do.

Best answers
Ok, changed a bunch of things.
Arms: Brought them up, made the shoulder muscle look more bulging from out under the shoulderstrap, made the forearms+hands bigger, moved some verts to make it look a little more muscular and less fatty and made the hangs look like they are coming from hulking forearms.
Legs: Lengthened them by quite a lot (they were too squat before), moved them in a little to close that gap, fixed his ass (it was kinda deformed from certain angles), fixed the bottom of the legs so his muscles look really bulging.
Torso: Lengthened it down a little, combined with the longer legs makes him look taller and less fat.
Head+Hair: Is basically the same except for a few tweaks to the face to make it look a little less chubby around the neck area.

Jazzed up the render a bit too, aded a light so the shadows+highlights come out better.

[check latest pages for pics, i need teh bandwidth this pic be suckin' :p]

Keep the crits rolling in, they only make the model better. Also how do you guys think the face is looking? No one's really commented on that... does it look at all like vegeta now, without having a skin?

Best answers
That area's been bugging me for a while actually. How's this looking?

And a quick edit, before i go to bed~~~
Messed around with the hair shape to make it look more "USSJ", new one is on the top.

Better or worse?

Best answers
i dont think his arms wont deform very well because he seems to be lacking of some shoulder polies, i suggest for good reference take a look at ned's vegetto, his arms are built in such a way that they deform very well ingame, (like balljoints or something like that) if you need the model i can send it to you)

*edit* heres a pic to show you what i mean, it might be kinda hard to do it this way since it seems you already have the arms connected to the torso

Best answers
I'm gonna have to try and figure out bones in max so i can try out deforming the mesh myself, but you're probably right there toast. I might just rotate the arm down manually and add a bunch of extra rows around the top of the shoulder for now =/

Edit: Dont worry, the arms arent connected, i could change just about every bit of the model however i want. I usually keep everything is seperate untill i'm ready to do the UV.

Best answers
diablos... it looks very good! anyway i like those second hair, i like biceps, anyway
are you thining about new animations? it would totaly awesome!

edit,

and fix the boots... i don't like them

Best answers
I'm no skinner but are the arms too short?
and I agree beef up the boots :p

but that looks AWESOME! you rule at modelling!!!keep it up!!!!:D

i'm gonna download this the second it's ready :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mkay, some of the proportions are all wrong, heres a drawover [my first drawover so bare with me, and i my tablet isnt working :(]

Hope that helps, ur doin great, gj.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ommm i'll assign the beast and do a few custom anims for you if you feel likeh it, ive wanted a good vegeta model for a while now, just fix those arm joints so there a little bit more deformable and i'll help :O

Best answers
I just noticed the legs need some serious work.
try making them rounder and the knee area thinner so his legs look more muscular

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
[edit]I like the way you put the armor, very original imho
and simple also[/edit]

very good just one thing to crit about:
the hair looks fine but yes, defenitly more hair in the back
and another thing about the hair
its pointing backwards and up, right?
like if I look it in profile view then its right top or something like that
anyways make it a lil more directed up!

and one last thing
a normal head is round
yours isnt, I mean of the vegeta
WHICH IS FINE, FOR THE VEGETA MODEL THAT IS!
but I want you to look at the area in his head without the hair that it looks like he has
a hole or something
OK now you know what I mean
(right between his eyes)
anyway in that area, the hair growing from there, its too much to the backward direction
make it more buff and a lil more to the frot
much more to the upper direction

thats all , main issue is about the hair and that its too pointing to the backward direction
just a small vertex reposition

A VERY GOOD MODEL and gl with it! }P-)

Best answers
mmmhh raiko´s drawover make vegita look like normal super sayajin only with bigger legs.

Tox

Best answers
I don't know how you can say that USSJ Vegeta is like ssj vegeta but with bigger legs.

He pumps up his whole body and ends up with a massive torso and arms. (thinking about it always puts me in mind of the cartoons where they stick their thumbs in the mouthes and blowing to pump themselves up :D)

But this is a good shot that shows ussj vegeta is buff like mad.

-Tox

P.S Keep it up, your'e doing fantastic

Best answers
I've got a load of pics here from google and stuff, but the pics i'm relying heavily on for reference are that one you just posted Tox, and these 2 (and i've got that 1 episode playing over and over again on the tv next to me ;))

His arms are really huge in that last pic, and i'm trying to pull that off without it looking silly. Anyhoo i added a mess of polys to the top of the arm and made a craptastic bone setup so i could deform it, and it all looks ok. I also rotated the arms to "face" down, so it will look better ingame. As for the hair, i'll go back the the one i was using before (i prefer it) and i'll mess around with how the hair grows off the forehead.

Updates soon.

Best answers
OK, here's the hair back the way it was but is now protruding more from the scalp and a view of the extra polys on the arms. Going over the arms now, i'm totally not happy with them at all. I might re-do them altogether, hands included. I'll see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom