SSJ2/RAGE ??? >:0

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Yes but Gotenks went SSJ3, so you can figure out the requirements from that:

-He had no emotional surge
-He had no experience at SSJ2
-He never went to the Otherworld
-The one thing he had was lots of raw power, Goku also has this.

Therefore it's safe to assume that's all you need to go SSJ3.
This is true, and I agree... to an extent.

He had lots of raw power, sure. He did go SSJ3, yeah, but it's a well known fact that Goten and Trunks are different from the other saiyans, let alone a pure-blood. Goten and Trunks didn't require a "surge" or "experience" to go SSJ in the first place, so it's fairly safe to assume the necessities for SSJ3 wouldn't be quite as extreme either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i read somewhere that going ssj was almost like a hormone response. like, for the first time it has to happen, they actually have to snap to the point where the hormone is released. but after that point, they can control that hormone... gohan was born before goku had released his hormone, and goten was born afterward, so maybe their release was already active?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well gohan did have hidden rage in the story line. I though goku would of been able to have some rage like that when i first saw the saiyan saga

Best answers
They did state how to achieve Super Saiyan 3. Goku explained it to Goten and Trunks:

"First, turn Super Saiyan... Then you go one step beyond that, to a Super Saiyan 2 an ascended saiyan... then... This next energy has to come deep inside... push hard to find it".

In the Bojack movie Gohan was a Super Saiyan 2. Also Gohan easily changed to a Super Saiyan 2 probally because he got used to controlling transforming into a regular Super Saiyan which carried over to Super Saiyan 2. Achieving Super Saiyan 2 is usual by being extremely pissed off. It's when the persons mind is beyond wanting to do something; that the mind will do something. Like Goku once again explaining to Gohan how to transform into a Super Saiyan, "use the pain of loss, it responds to a need, not a desire." which is basically why Vegeta could not transform when he wanted to until his mind "needed" himself to be stronger than Goku.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf said:
He had lots of raw power, sure. He did go SSJ3, yeah, but it's a well known fact that Goten and Trunks are different from the other saiyans, let alone a pure-blood. Goten and Trunks didn't require a "surge" or "experience" to go SSJ in the first place, so it's fairly safe to assume the necessities for SSJ3 wouldn't be quite as extreme either.
Gir said:
i read somewhere that going ssj was almost like a hormone response. like, for the first time it has to happen, they actually have to snap to the point where the hormone is released. but after that point, they can control that hormone... gohan was born before goku had released his hormone, and goten was born afterward, so maybe their release was already active?
That's correct. If a Saiyan who has already gone SSJ has a baby the baby will have the ability. It would go some way to explaining Trunks, Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr also effortlessly transforming into SSJ. Gohan was born before this, so he had to reach the stage naturally. We'll never know if the same applies for SSJ2 or above seeing as neither Goku nor Vegeta had any children after reaching the level, and Gohan had no male offspring (Female Saiyans can't go Super according to Toriyama).
Overlord said:
Well gohan did have hidden rage in the story line. I though goku would of been able to have some rage like that when i first saw the saiyan saga
I think that was due to his mixed Human/Saiyan blood. Strangely enough, Goku's power is higher when he's focused and free of emotion (Piccolo Jr. Saga of Dragonball, at Kami's Lookout with Mr. Popo). Maybe this is a tradeoff of Half-Saiyan, Half-Human offspring that are born to a non-SSJ. Gohan's the only one that fits into that category.

Best answers
I remember people explaining the Saiyans have a hard time with emotions. So when Gohan was born, he was half saiyan and human. The human side gave him his emotions, which you always see him get pissed off easily, and the saiyan side gives him his incredible power. And from what we've seen, Gohan gains this power through his emotions. Kind of like when all those games have a scientist or an orginization trying to combine human dna with that of another to get the end results of a very powerful being. And from what I remember hearing years ago, hybrids (saiyan/human) can easily transform into super saiyans due to how emotional they are. Since the only way to transform into a super saiyan is during extreme emotional stress. Goku you don't really see getting powerful as much as Gohan does when they get pissed. Goku does get powerful, including it helped him ascend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom