SSJ Theory

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've thought about this for a while, regardless of Dragon Ball Z of being just a show:

When a Saiyan transforms into a SSJ, their power doesn't increase in amount but it increases in intensity. The intensity also makes the now SSJ much more powerful but also puts a drain on their body (which Goku stated that it does). The thing is that when they transform their bodies go through a change (increase in size, hair, etcetera) to better maintain this intensity.

SSJ2 and SSJ3 follow suit. The Saiyan's power intensifies rather than increase in amount and these forms are much hard to maintain due to the stress it places on the body.

Now this is to say that when a Sayain transforms into a SSJ that their bodies can only maintain that kind of stress for a given time until their body gives way to the stress and they passout. Now if they were to increase the amount of energy their body has, then they wouldn't have to worry about placing a lot of stress on their body since the body makes up for the power increase much like if you were weight-lifting in which your body mass increases to be able to withstand whatever weight you bench.

Unlike increasing the amount of energy they have, the Saiyan's body probably won't compensate for it as much as if they just increased the amount of energy they have.

USSJ - USSJ9,999 just increase the amount of power a Saiyan has rather than intensifies it which results in their bulked up appearance as their bodies compensate for the energy increase.

Whenever a Saiyan changes into a SSJ-SSJ3 they actually waste energy by intensifing it. Now, Goku and Gohan stayed as a SSJ so that their bodies will get used to the stress and it would become much more natural. That way whenever they need to transform into it, their bodies don't waste the energy needed to intensify their energy. So then that's when Vegeta states that they can use that energy they would otherwise waste to transform to make themselves stronger. Meaning that the energy that could be wasted in transforming wouldn't be wasted at all so therefore they would have more energy that intensifies.

That's how I think it works.

Discuss!

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well... Actually SSJ is just a power up. You really don't see Goku wasting any energy when he's fighting Buu in the Buu Saga. He goes SSJ and SSJ2 like 20 times and SSJ3 like 3 times.

You can't really explain what goes on in DBZ.

For some reason, every enemy that arrives to Earth is 5 times stronger than the last, I wonder why.

Best answers
also super saiyan transformation dosen't change the hair the aura does because it is so bright

Best answers
I personally think it's a show and the author did not think of all those theories. He just made transformations to make you wonder what new things the character can do, isntead of making rules of the transformations. Remember guys, it's a show, not real :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whenever a Saiyan changes into a SSJ-SSJ3 they actually waste energy by intensifing it. Now, Goku and Gohan stayed as a SSJ so that their bodies will get used to the stress and it would become much more natural. That way whenever they need to transform into it, their bodies don't waste the energy needed to intensify their energy. So then that's when Vegeta states that they can use that energy they would otherwise waste to transform to make themselves stronger. Meaning that the energy that could be wasted in transforming wouldn't be wasted at all so therefore they would have more energy that intensifies.
You have a good point. Following what you're saying, the same applied for SS2, and if there was a way to fix the body strain with the SS mode then I'm sure there was a way to do it with SS2 & SS3. But, this sort of contradicts everything, because even without an infinite knowledge of SS3 and how to use it properly Goku was able to transform into a SS2 and SS3 with ease, even while wounded. So, in some way the negatives of 'wasting' energy wasn't a factor for Goku, and seeing how SS3 put a far greater strain on his body than any other form, not to mention without having time to follow your theory on methods to mastering forms, Goku was still able to put out a massive amount of energy & his damage was incredible. He did have 7 years to train, but seeing how it was 2 leaps from the previous transformations I don't see how he'd have enough time to master it--also, considering what he said about its strain, I don't think he could ever master it in his mortal form.

Super Saiyan 1 & 2 are two different stories. Vegeta, even while on Earth, was able to master SS1. Down the road I'm sure he mastered SS2. But I think that's what they call the 'body's limit.'

I mean, I thought it was a bit farfetched how Goku was able to fight in SS3 for long periods of time without passing out. It seemed a bit overrated to me.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, goku never fought for long as SSJ3, and when he looses the ability to maintain it on the kai's planet he doesnt even know himself why it happened - like he said he needed to gather energy, i dont think its related too closely with physical strain. But Ki, stamina and health are all interlinked in the dbz universe so its hard to tell. Plus the way its described usually is releasing that energy, not intensifying it... im just skeptical =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a fictional show. I think your looking into things too much.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've already stated that I know it's just a show. I'm just one of those kind of people that like to figure out things, which is why I created that theory about SSJ.

Davidskiwan: You're right about that, SSJ3 was more of finding a deep-seeding power. I just try to figure out how it would fit in with what I said about the intensifying of energy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what gets me, When Goku first turned SSJ, his hair had NO LINES what so ever, it was just GOLDEN HAIR NOT BLONDE, Then like after the Android Saga They hired a new artist, and the artist starts drawing SSJ hair blonde, when it isn't blonde, IT'S GOLD!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
This is what gets me, When Goku first turned SSJ, his hair had NO LINES what so ever, it was just GOLDEN HAIR NOT BLONDE, Then like after the Android Saga They hired a new artist, and the artist starts drawing SSJ hair blonde, when it isn't blonde, IT'S GOLD!
What does that have to do with what I made this thread about?

It was always blonde, it just appeared gold due to the aura. They didn't have just one artist drawing everything since they had to release an episode a week.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the change in the ssj hair stems from toiriyama's drawing improvement across the whole of dbz.

About the intensifying of energy... well i think that dbz characters, can generate energy at a certain rate, but getting hurt, using too much energy, all effects their ki pool, the ki pool is just the rate of energy produced in a certain ammount of time, when you use too much power in a certain time frame, they cant generate any more energy and refill their ki pool. That was just a little rought outline of how i figured it works, but i dont really know, i mean, it never really explains it in the series, so you have to go by assumptions and guessing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TheCost said:
also super saiyan transformation dosen't change the hair the aura does because it is so bright
Not True, if that was so then when you don't see them using the aura in ssj there hair would be black. And there is no such thing as an invisible aura ethier =P.

Best answers
Notice how the clothes are still golden when they don't have the aura on

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not every character wears orange/yellow clothing. The light the aura creates leaves a brightness and shadow on the character's body, clothes, hair & skin.

Notice how the clothes are still lighted when they don't have the aura on

That's a common inconsistency in the anime. Who cares?

Best answers
Yes who reali cares
SS 1 1st power up stage,more ki is realesed in2 physical strength and so on for each transformation and ss4 is the power of the ermm ape sayian form(azura or w.e its called forgot lol ^_^)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is like arguing about how the warp nacelles on the Enterprise work; it's all just made up to start with.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GavinX said:
Yes who reali cares
SS 1 1st power up stage,more ki is realesed in2 physical strength and so on for each transformation and ss4 is the power of the ermm ape sayian form(azura or w.e its called forgot lol ^_^)
There wasn't any need to revive my thread.

Yes, I know it's all made up, I'm well aware of that, but I just came up with this theory because I like trying to figure things out (like I previously stated). I know Dragon Ball Z is just a show, I know this just as well as anyone else on these forums and I've stated that plenty of times.

Best answers
look at it this way. the ki that they have in there body's is emense over the ways off training. when they transform into ssj1 goku learned how he could mantian it without loosing power because off he's transformation. ssj2 is far more powerfull and ssj3 even harder. it puts on a very very high stress reaching that lvl and powering up that he looses energy to just keep him ssj3 and the fact if he uses kamehameha he uses more energy because he can control more then before. if you watched the episodes carefully you shoul know.

gohan transformed into ssj2 at cell because he snapped. he dind care anymore just to stop cell. he gave everything he had and then fell to the ground exaustid

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its just a hype thing, it goes like this.

"oh, goku should go ssj, coz that looks cooler then when he's normal"

And because its special, its automaticly cool, and it gets hyped, fans go wild.

"hmm, ssj is pretty normal now, and fans want more, so... we make a ssj2!!!"

but wait, not yet a ssj2, no, first an "ascended saiyan", and THEN a ssj2, to make the fans wait even more, and make it uber hyped, the fans go really wild now.

"darn, nearly everybody is ssj2 now, boooring, so, we will create ssj3!!!"

And yep, they make ssj3, and the fans go wild again, even tho goku's hair looks really akward now, and has no eyebrows... but yeah, fans go wild.

Then ssj3, gets boring again, (besides that fact that it looks really stupid), so they make a mystic version! mystic Gohan!! so fans go wild again.

And the more wild they get, the more money the producers get.

Ofcourse, it won't go exactly like this, but its a great addition to the silly theories you guys are making up.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
Its just a hype thing, it goes like this.

"oh, goku should go ssj, coz that looks cooler then when he's normal"

And because its special, its automaticly cool, and it gets hyped, fans go wild.

"hmm, ssj is pretty normal now, and fans want more, so... we make a ssj2!!!"

but wait, not yet a ssj2, no, first an "ascended saiyan", and THEN a ssj2, to make the fans wait even more, and make it uber hyped, the fans go really wild now.

"darn, nearly everybody is ssj2 now, boooring, so, we will create ssj3!!!"

And yep, they make ssj3, and the fans go wild again, even tho goku's hair looks really akward now, and has no eyebrows... but yeah, fans go wild.

Then ssj3, gets boring again, (besides that fact that it looks really stupid), so they make a mystic version! mystic Gohan!! so fans go wild again.

And the more wild they get, the more money the producers get.

Ofcourse, it won't go exactly like this, but its a great addition to the silly theories you guys are making up.
The producers... There was only one, Akira Toriyama. He came up with the different stages, not Toei Animation. He didn't do it for more money, he did it since he was "forced" into continuing the series after Frieza was defeated and after Cell was defeated.

You know what's silly? Everyone reminding me that this thread is pointless/stupid/silly/etcetera. For the last time, I know what this thread is, I know how stupid/idiotic/silly/pointless/etcetera my theory sounded like. I came up with that theory because I like figuring out things, and tried to figure this without any regards to how stupid/pointless/blah blah blah it sounded.

look at it this way. the ki that they have in there body's is emense over the ways off training. when they transform into ssj1 goku learned how he could mantian it without loosing power because off he's transformation. ssj2 is far more powerfull and ssj3 even harder. it puts on a very very high stress reaching that lvl and powering up that he looses energy to just keep him ssj3 and the fact if he uses kamehameha he uses more energy because he can control more then before. if you watched the episodes carefully you shoul know.

gohan transformed into ssj2 at cell because he snapped. he dind care anymore just to stop cell. he gave everything he had and then fell to the ground exaustid
Maintaining the different levels comes with controlling their emotions (which is why the SSJ levels aren't considered "pure"). Over time they learn how to control the forms beyond that, which allow them to easily transform. Everything else you said, pretty much summed up what I've already stated.

Their bodies are not used to the increase in the intensity of their power when they transform, therefor they lose energy by trying to maintain it since it places stress upon their bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom