Squad Broken! - Dark Crusade arrives

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've spent a little time playing both races now (but mainly Necron) and so far I like what I see. I'm not going to go in-depth - that's what reviews are for - but it's pretty cool. The Necron Warriors are cost no power to produce (power being the Necron's only resource), but take considerable time to produce and even more time to actually march them anywhere useful. Pariahs are amazing.

I got caught teching by these bastards and basically got creamed. Second time around, I was prepared. I 86'd my base upgrade and loaded out with an extra squad and plasma guns for all. They're pretty damn effective against my Assault Marines though, those guns of theirs do a pretty knockback when used in melee, so it's hard to actually keep your guys engaged with the enemy.

I've yet to try any of the new units, but I'll get to that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... I suppose it'll have ot stay classic and Winter Assualt for me for some time yet.. Can't afford another game right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweeeet did not know this came out thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imperial Gaurdsmen set upon by a pack of Wraiths...

The Necron Lord, revived back to undeath, reanimates his minions to turn the tide of the battle. I think this ability can revive up to 32 of your units.

...sure, I still got creamed (again) by a massive horde of Imperial Guard. My revived Necron warriors could have teleported back to defend, but my Summoning Portal was the first thing taken out. By the time a new one had been erected, the Eldar were also owning my ass... I guess they don't like having their guys ripped apart by my Wraiths.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are darker than the normal necron color.

I'm guessing they ARE teamcolorable.

Best answers
Wish I had a computer that could play this =(,
Looks so freaking awesome.

It's a shame they added harlequins (they already have howling banshees) for Eldar though, when they could have added some of the more kick-ass units like Strikeing Scorpions or Swooping Hawks or Wraithguards.
Tau and Necrons looks kick-ass though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want that game..... but no money :(

If necrons only have energy as a resource, what's the point in capturing strategic points? do they also provide energy for them?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NinjApe said:
Wish I had a computer that could play this =(,
Looks so freaking awesome.

It's a shame they added harlequins (they already have howling banshees) for Eldar though, when they could have added some of the more kick-ass units like Strikeing Scorpions or Swooping Hawks or Wraithguards.
Tau and Necrons looks kick-ass though.
are you kidding me? harlequins arent just close combat... it just happens that they rawk at it.

Death Jester rocks the **** with his shuriken cannon of dewm ~ PEW PEW PEW!!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently acquired this game and I gotta say, I'm really impressed. I'm by no means an expert at the game, so I have difficulty taking on the Necrons, but besides that it's pretty intuitive.

I'm using Tau right now, and for the most part, I do ok offensively. Ok meaning I win some, I lose some. Defensively, the Tau are monsters as far as I'm concerned. But again, I have problems with the necrons early in the game. They always seem to have units and they make their presence known within the first 5 minutes of the match.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If necrons only have energy as a resource, what's the point in capturing strategic points? do they also provide energy for them?
They build slowly at the start but each additional Obelisk you build on a captured point accelerates production by 20%. Also, holding points deprives your opponent of resources.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some1 post some cool tau screenshots please...

tau rock.

yeah zeonix, i'm not telling you how to play or anything

but in these games i'm more of a turtle player, i build up my base and economy first before i go out and actively fight. and i think it works a little better, unless the other person just far out techs me and blows me to smitherines

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
turtling is awsome fun in big multiplayer games, because its much more fun to just have a mahoosive army gungho-ing toward the enemy, and having a massive scrap.

although, tactically speaking its better not to turtle, as your opponent will gain a massive foothold on the surrounding terrain and whoop you good before you get your best stuff ready.

im all for turtling though :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know and thats happened to me alot

but i dont play to 0wN3d my opponents, i play to have fun entertaining games

whats the point of all the work that went into making the higher tier units and buildings when you can just rush and end the game in 6 minutes?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some1 post some cool tau screenshots please...
On it.

Edit: Scratch that, I hate the T'au. You're on your own.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. Im not fond of the Tau either, I'd rather build 2 defence turrets to defend my base rather than leave an anti-infantry and anti-vehicle squad.

The "for the greater good" stuff really pisses me off too.

<3 Chaos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
lol. Im not fond of the Tau either, I'd rather build 2 defence turrets to defend my base rather than leave an anti-infantry and anti-vehicle squad.

<3 Chaos.
NO! CHAOS IS MINE!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:

<3 Chaos.
uh... isnt that from the space marines librarian...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom