Spyware + trojan

Best answers
ok so when I got on my comp this afternoob i was getting spammed with things like " you have a severe spyware virus on your computer click this icon to download antivirus software to get rid of it." so I download it and it starts to scan my computer. after 30 mins of scanning it tells me I have over 200 severe spyware + trojan viruses on my comp so I go like "What the hell!?" and after that I read the scanning over again and It gives me a discription of one of the spyware viruses and it tells me that it can give false warnings on windows so was I fooled? also the scan said that spyware will affect the speed of my computer but nothing has changed. its still the same speed.....:\

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok so when I got on my comp this afternoob i was getting spammed with things like " you have a severe spyware virus on your computer click this icon to download antivirus software to get rid of it." so I download it and it starts to scan my computer. after 30 mins of scanning it tells me I have over 200 severe spyware + trojan viruses on my comp so I go like "What the hell!?" and after that I read the scanning over again and It gives me a discription of one of the spyware viruses and it tells me that it can give false warnings on windows so was I fooled? also the scan said that spyware will affect the speed of my computer but nothing has changed. its still the same speed.....:\
Yes, it would appear you were fooled. I used to get pop ups like those a lot until I switched from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox. Either way, you're better off getting a program that can deal with those threats. Personally, I use Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy to deal with adware/spyware and Symantec Anti-virus for viruses and trojans.

You should check out this list of programs for anti-virus and spyware/adware cleaners - http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=65903

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a good lesson:

If a random popup pops up while you're surfing, and it's going all doomsday on your ass, just ignore it. Don't download random crap just because some message tells you to. Use your brain.

Best answers
Why did you listen to the messege if you knew you were getting fooled? That's how viruses travel buddy. YOu should have ignored it.

Best answers
Thanks foer the list MC

Sorry didint know >.> its never happened to me before. Im a noob when thi s crap happens

Best answers
Why did you listen to the messege if you knew you were getting fooled? That's how viruses travel buddy. YOu should have ignored it.
if he knew he was going to get fooled he wouldnt of followed through with it would he..... obviously he believed it if this **** has fooled him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom