sprites...

Best answers
k another idea....

1) at my opinion all of the esf series are kinda...ermm ''dull'' ,
the trans. goes to easy , while ur SUPPOSED to see thunder , earthquakes around ur characters area , flying trees or stuff.. ( that was no.1 )

2) while beam struggling u should make it look more cool ...like make the stuff shake and see cool bursting sprites etc. etc. because if i do a beam struggle now..its like my character ( lets say goku ) isnt even trying -.- , he aint giving effort to it xD.

4) AND make areas in the map move aswell..that'd be great.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k another idea....

the trans. goes to easy , while ur SUPPOSED to see thunder , earthquakes around ur characters area , flying trees or stuff.. ( that was no.1 )

2) while beam struggling u should make it look more cool ...like make the stuff shake and see cool bursting sprites etc. etc. because if i do a beam struggle now..its like my character ( lets say goku ) isnt even trying -.- , he aint giving effort to it xD.

1)Dude this is a fast game you don't have time to see all that when evryone it's kicking your ass did I mantion it's HL engin from about 10 years
2)wait dude this it's not the final thing this is not the esf 1.3 game they will make the PS much mor beter
3) (4 wtf)I realy don't get it

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k another idea....

1. The transformations aren't complete, this most likely includes the effects.

2. There would be no point of that. The beams in Dragon Ball Z that caused the ground the shake and whatnot were usually pretty large, while the beams in ESF aren't that big.

3. What about the other players that are trying to fight each other while the whole map is shaking? You probably could make it so that the player's engaged in a power struggle are the only ones that can see the shaking by implementing a camera shake feature.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k another idea....

If you can code it in without causeing lag be my guest. Besides youll be able to design your own transformation efects with the new FX system.

He isnt trying YOU are. If you arnt than youll loose. /me points to the FX system again.

Every part of the map you make so it moves. You cant use to walljump off. Not to mention to many entities lags HL.

In the quote.

Note to you. This isnt DBZ it isnt the series. And its build on Half Life. The engine is old and it has its limits.

So far your last two ideas were "OMG IT LOOKS COOL IN DBZ WTF WHY NOT IN ESF" thats a sumup of both of them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know where do these guys get these crazy ideas...

1. It'll increase the lag and low your fps alot. Remember that esf isn't dbz.
2. It's just good that they're standing dull, but it could be neat to add some sound effects.
4. Why? Hl Engine can't do that, you would have to recode all map's entities again. Remember that 1.3 is already a big fps-eater, now with your features it would eat even more fps, you should really think over when you consider posting about suggestions..

Best answers
ffs ,u guys just dont get me.. nvm and john volkov ur imagination sux ass >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all those effects would cause lower fps and lagginess.

Hl could handle those , but not fps friendly. Hl could even do an awesome earthquake with detailed rain and real thunders. But online you wont become to see it because it would lag to much.

I would love something like that myself. but it happends that DBZ is more about a Duel fighting, and esf is about multiply fighting....

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually suggested the screen shaking a while ago.. which applies to powerful melee blows.. beam struggling.. releasing a very powerful beam.. and getting hit by one... although to the poing of having just mild shaking in some ocassions seeing as how permanent shakin might drive the player nuts :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom