Sprite Question

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking, is it possibly to set up a trigger to start a sprite? If so, then will the sprite disappear after it was triggered (if you had it triggered once)?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can practicaly do anything. You can make the sprite disapear after it plays through once. You can run it for 10 seconds and than make it stop.

Anything youd like. Or you can simply trigger it and keep it there forever ^^

This should help you.

Normal sprite -> http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?ent=env_sprite

Beam like sprite (for making lasers) -> http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?ent=env_beam
I really appreciate the reply Grega, thanks. Now, how would I set it up? I haven't mapped in a long time.

What I want to do is have the player trigger a number of sprites to go off at different times. Sprite one will be the first, sprite two will have a one second delay, sprite three, etcetera.

Edit

I think I figured it out, but ESF crashes when I try running the map. It's says it can't find the sprites I used, but all the sprite entity paths are correct.

Edit #2

Alright, I was able to fix that, now, how to I make the black part of the sprite transparent?

Edit #3

Alright, I fixed that...

Edit #4

I'm stuck at "Edit #2" again.

Edit #5

Disregard "Edit #4".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, are there any questions left? Oh well this is a thread that asks about sprites, I'm hoping someone can maybe help me...well ever since I upgraded my hammer to 3.5, I couldn't add sprites, I use env_sprite and then click on the location I want it, then the pink block appears which is fine, I then go to properties of the sprite and change the sprite to something else, then when I exit properties, the env_sprite becomes invisible! it's still there but I can't see it in either 3d or 2d views.

I tried looking for the sprite in-game, but it didn't even show, so now I'm wondering what happened to the sprite...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, are there any questions left? Oh well this is a thread that asks about sprites, I'm hoping someone can maybe help me...well ever since I upgraded my hammer to 3.5, I couldn't add sprites, I use env_sprite and then click on the location I want it, then the pink block appears which is fine, I then go to properties of the sprite and change the sprite to something else, then when I exit properties, the env_sprite becomes invisible! it's still there but I can't see it in either 3d or 2d views.

I tried looking for the sprite in-game, but it didn't even show, so now I'm wondering what happened to the sprite...
The entity becomes invisible? Try using the "Entity report" to find it, and see if it was deleted or if it's still there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've tried with all the sprites, not one seems to work...I tried the sprite called "smoke" I want to use it for a waterfall in one of my maps, I tried other sprites that used to work when I had 3.4, though I'm not sure if changing to 3.5 made the problem.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
is hammer setup properly to be used with esf? like the folders and such?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, I never reinstalled hammer, I'm using the same as when I had 3.4 when my sprites worked, the update was just a replacement of the .exe, that's all if I remember correctly, and when I went back into hammer the settings work exactly the same as before

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, I never reinstalled hammer, I'm using the same as when I had 3.4 when my sprites worked, the update was just a replacement of the .exe, that's all if I remember correctly, and when I went back into hammer the settings work exactly the same as before
Do you still have the 3.4 exe?

If no than get it and check if it realy is the 3.5 update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom