Spray Paints in steam

Best answers
i need help putting custom spray paints in the game with steam. i looked throught the files but i cant find the right folder.Can someone tell me what file i need to look in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know for sure but it could be esf\logo(s). That's where it puts your current spray paint.

Best answers
im talking about in games like half life,counter strike and day of defeat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Youremailaddress/half-life/valve

Replace the pldecal.wad file in /valve for half-life.

You should be able to figure out the other folders for cstrike and dod.

I'm assuming that this works the same way as it does on WON though, the pldecal thing I mean.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The only major problem with custom decals is... after copying the custom pldecal.wad into the appropriate folder, if you change any settings in game (like, in the options menu where you can select from the default sprays), it replaces your custom one with one of the defaults.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but u shouldnt be needing to do that alot

Best answers
okay i found the right folder and i put it in their but it didnt work.I was wondering what type of file the pic had to be?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
The only major problem with custom decals is... after copying the custom pldecal.wad into the appropriate folder, if you change any settings in game (like, in the options menu where you can select from the default sprays), it replaces your custom one with one of the defaults.
Yeah, but that always happened, even back in HL though. It's not something that can be fixed. You just can't look at the sprays if you want to keep the custom one.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom