Spore

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of you probably don't know about this game, but it looks utterly amazing. It’s being created by Will Wright who also created the Sims and Sim City.

Anyways, the game is pretty epic in scope. I'll try to explain it, but I suck at explaining things so just bear with me..

You start off as a single celled organism and have to go around eating smaller organisms while avoiding the larger ones. It's like Pac-man at this stage.. nothing to exciting yet, I know. Anyway, with each new generation, your cell evolves, eventually to a multi-celled organism. From here, you get fins and gills and all that. You evolve a bit more and eventually evolve enough to become a land based creature. From here, you go around trying to survive long enough until your species can evolve into a sentient being. Once you gain enough intelligence to form a tribe, you have to compete with other tribes of different species or different civilizations of your own species. Its kind of like the game civilization at this stage. you have to build cities and wage wars with the other civilizations. Once your species becomes smart enough, it becomes capable of space travel. At this point, you can build a UFO and use it to get some revenge on the remaining civilizations of your planet. You can travel to different planets in your solar system with the UFO. In time, you species develops hyper drive technology and you can travel to other solar systems (there’s thousands of planets in the game, some barren with no life while others are teeming with life..). From this point, you can go around conquering the universe or go about making peace.. whatever you want really. You can build colonies on other worlds, blow up planets, whatever.

Best thing of all about this game is that you can mold your creature in any way possible. The game has no preset animations, it's all done through code. What this means is that as your creature evolves, you mold it to look how you want it to look. The game will then generate animations for it on the fly. Since the creature files are so small (they're around 1kb each), this allows them to upload your creature to a server and send it out to other peoples games. Your world is actually populated with other peoples creatures..

And there.. that was my long ass description of the game that was probably painful to read. here are some links on the game...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spore/preview_6125451.html
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/616537p1.html
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595975p1.html
http://spore.ea.com/

needless to say.. i've looked around a bit on this game. it seems like it'll be the game to end all games for me. so yea, any of you guys hear of this game / care about anything i just said o_o

Best answers
Wow...that's complicated, but sweet as hell

This looks like its going to be a fantastic game

Best answers
ya, this game looks really nice, wonder what the graphics are like.
hopefully not too good so that my crap of a computer can play it :D

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw the E3 previews for this game-looks awesome.

Best answers
I'll destroy all your planets :D
Muahhahahhahahahha XD

Best answers
The game sounds alot like a game called Evo. I didn't really enjoy that all that much. This game sounds kinda intresting though, im really having a hard time understanding the concept, so i might get bored with it quickly. One thing i noticed though is that they made it seem like you will basically go from a microcelled organism to a civilization of space traveling superbeings within one day. And what happens if your species actually fail? Does some big crocodile eats the being you spent an hour creating, i think that would kinda get frustrating myself. Either way my main concern is if my computer can handle it for not.

Best answers
I think Will Wright is making this game for me, because the bit I loved about the Sims 2 the most was the idea of the evolution of your family line, how it changed with each generation. This takes that idea to a whole new level. People like me should be very happy with this game. :D

And hey, Evo Rocked! I loved that game. Pity it ended just as Early Man came about.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
The game sounds alot like a game called Evo. I didn't really enjoy that all that much. This game sounds kinda intresting though, im really having a hard time understanding the concept, so i might get bored with it quickly. One thing i noticed though is that they made it seem like you will basically go from a microcelled organism to a civilization of space traveling superbeings within one day. And what happens if your species actually fail? Does some big crocodile eats the being you spent an hour creating, i think that would kinda get frustrating myself. Either way my main concern is if my computer can handle it for not.
If you die, you come back as another creature of your species. You'll probably get some kind of penalty for dieing, but i have no clue what it is. As for the failing thing, I think its impossible for a species to fail. A species may have a hard time advancing, but it eventually will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Species fail all the time. Natural selection, I think its called.

I wonder if races from other planets will make contact with you, rather than just you them. Looks simply awesome. Anybody know when its due out?

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Im gonna want to play this one. Looks as awesome as it does complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom