Spore!! [Some new vids]

Best answers
sure ill check this game out.

based on my "customization-is-fun-theory" this game will keep you entertaint for long time..... but not forever....like some others.... :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait...sid meyer=genius

or however you spell his name

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Will Wright is making Spore, not Sid Meier. Will Wright made the Sims and SimCity, Sid Meier made civilization

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bad...I could have sworn it was Sid Meier though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, really looking forward to Spore.

And all the obscene user-created content. xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the Hell??? This isn't released yet? Holy ****! I got to see a sneak peek of this game and it's awesomeness when I attended the National Youth Leadership Forum on technology two years ago in San Jose'. The game looked done by then, what have they been doing all this time? Being able to terraform and blow up a planet is awesome enough for me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will be released Q3 2007 IIRC. But you guys should be careful about hyping to much about this game, I have no doubt that this will become an awesome game, but if you might hype to much about it, you might get disappointed in the end.

I wonder something though, how large can your cities get? I mean, would it be possible to build a city on the entire planet?
I also wonder if the eight phase or scale is still in...
I mean according to this image, their are supposed to be eight scales you play on:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/038/spore352_screen.jpg

And I have yet to see any images from this so called 'Molecular' stage.
I also found out something else I thought was pretty cool. In the same way that every creature you make moves in a unique way with the technique called 'procedural processing/generating' this will also happen with the music, meaning that you will never hear the same song twice because it is all randomly made and it actually sounds good.
Last but not least, I found a video that actually shows somewhat of the same video Sub just posted, except this one also has Will Wright's explanation with it, and I think it is longer:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/zachinglis/videos/1/ (WW sucks at his own game :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats sweet...

so you can have space wars with other players...?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I forget. Is this game going to be mandatory online due to these inter-planetary conflicts/coalitions, or is it just, create a server and wage war on another player?

I think it would be sweet for every player to have his chance at making it to the top. I mean, imagine, you're terraforming other worlds and then ships from an intergalactic empire constructed by some 40 year old nerd with tactical brilliance land to challenge or induct you. You refuse and the warlord tries to take your planet by force! God, it would be like Half Life 2 with the Combine. I could imagine one guy monopolizing half the galaxy and everyone else joinging forces to bring him down. Just thinking about it makes my brain tingle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i've seen, there's both options. Single Player where you have dominion over every planet in the galaxy, create new races and watch them interact and learn from one another, watch them grow and evolve, create technology, eventually become civilizations that generate politics with one another...etc. A sandbox game that only ends when you get bored (or manage to populate or destroy every planet in every solar system in the galaxy, I guess).

On the other hand there's the online phase, which is both co-op and Pvp. Each player gets control of a planet or two, creates their races and begin to help or conquor one another. I suppose eventually if a server was up long enough one player could dominate the whole galaxy, but i'm much more interested in creating my own species and seeing what other people come up withand how they fare with one another (will they talk, trade, or eat each other?).

Seriously, limitless possibilities. Seemingly infinite species creation options, completely freeform non-linear gameplay, spanning a whole galaxy. This is the only game I want right now. Any idea of system specs and/or release date?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(or manage to populate or destroy every planet in every solar system in the galaxy, I guess).
I heard Will Wright said that would take you nearly 65 years worth of gaming to accomplish that.

On the other hand there's the online phase, which is both co-op and Pvp. Each player gets control of a planet or two, creates their races and begin to help or conquor one another. I suppose eventually if a server was up long enough one player could dominate the whole galaxy, but i'm much more interested in creating my own species and seeing what other people come up withand how they fare with one another (will they talk, trade, or eat each other?).
Got link? I have only heard that your creature would be uploaded to a server, and other people would be able to download from that server and meet your creature in their own games. I have never heard of any form of internet play.

Seriously, limitless possibilities. Seemingly infinite species creation options, completely freeform non-linear gameplay, spanning a whole galaxy. This is the only game I want right now. Any idea of system specs and/or release date?
Release date is anywhere near Q3 2007, no further details as far as I know. And I think any normal pc at this moment should be able to run the game.

Estimate of Optimum Performance
2.0 Ghz Processor
265 Mb Capable Graphics Card With T&L Capability
512 Mb of Ram (1 Gig will be best with the algorithm)
DirectX 9.0
Windows XP/2000
5 GB of Space
Something I found somewhere, this will probably work.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a single player game, you don't need to even have an Internet connection. If you do have a 'net connection, the other creatures in your game were created by other players and downloaded to you by EA's main server automatically. Likewise, your creatures are downloaded to other players games, but the AI controls them. If you don't have the 'net, your universe is populated with premade creatures already on the disc.

So long story short, it's a single player game, no online mode

NeLo9

N
Saw bit of a long trailer for it, saw Robin Williams play it (hilarious), and reserved it for it will be released soon. Well depends how you view 7 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom