Spore Gameplay Overview [Video!]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q

I don't know where it's from, but it's a very long video detailing Will Wright's next big game, Spore, from the microscopic to the galactic level. Very interesting! Even though the game is months away, it looks like it's finished.

The video consists of Wright himself taking us through the game. It's worth watching! I can't wait for this game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spore is looking like a really awesome game. I haven't seen a game I've wanted to play this much in a long while.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me either! I'm really hyped up for it. The progress they display shows a lot of promise. I also like the really stylized graphics.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw this at least 6 months ago. Not a new developement, but the game still looks awesome

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh--looking at Gamespot, they commented about this presentation at the GDC on March 11th, 2005. Meaning that this video is -over- a year old. I'm even more excited now, knowing that the footage was so old.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A year, and the official website only has a couple pics from the beginning part of the video. Cool intro, though...

http://spore.ea.com/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw this vid a few days ago, was mighty impressed, especially with the editors it has. I laughed at some parts too, like when he
uses his UFO to travel to other planets. Then when he makes first contact with another species, he gets shot at, so he flies back a bit and nukes the whole damn planet. XP

I just hope I'll be able to run this on my computer. :p

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
That does look very cool. I agree about the graphic style too, very nice. : )

Best answers
omg, it must take forever to beat that game...and what happens when you beat it!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Best answers
i doubt there is a conventional beating the game .. you win when your satisfied with the universe you created.

Best answers
I think its great.. but I think I would have much much more fun playing around with an individual organism (evolving and stuff), than managing groups like an RTS...

Best answers
same here... atleast untill it turns into grand theft planet, and I can run around destroying planets for not liking my music.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you can keep managing your induvidual organism forever. As long as you don't call for a maid(sp?) you will never change to the next stage. But, I do think there is and end to evolving, after you have evolved a couple of times, I don't think you can evolve again. But you can always start a new game then =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first time i ever heard of this game but it looks incredible fun^^

for me, a must-have

Edit: well games don't need an end or something. it's like the sims (kind of)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I recall correctly, the Sims was his motivation for making a proceedural game. Considering the thousands of animations used in the Sims 2, wouldnt you rather spend time making a game that generates its own animations and textures? All the stuff you see in the video is the result of the computers saying "Okay, now how should that work?" Very promising stuff.

Best answers
yeah .. I gotta admit, the Animation generating and blending was very impressive. Makes me wonder if it actually calculates a center of mass, and thinks how it could move to sustain balance. Or what.

This really seems to be turning out like the Fable that poor ol peter could never create...
as open ended as this appears.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p I'd try to make some kind of Reploid-like creature. Yanno, tall body, big arms and legs. It'll be sw33t.

Best answers
Alea, I love you!!! X3 Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Now I must go Ethan-style on Maxis to get my copy.

This looks like a FASCINATING game. Like the superb blend of Black And White, EVO (old SNES game... anybody remember?), the Sims, and... Well, I'm sure there is another game that this has qualities of. But this is frikkin amazing!!! I'm with Shiyo on praying this runs on my computer... It should be out around summer time, right? That means I can crank up my A/C to keep my overclocked computer cooled.

Hmmm... I'm thinking of a humanoid, with claws on its backs, and manipulative hands... and teeth... Sharp teeth...

I WANT THIS GAME

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I am going to make elves

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom