[Spoilers] Spiderman 3

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just got back from the midnight showing, came in with low expectations, came out a little impressed.

The acting was good, but some parts were a bit silly (then again, most marvel movies have alot of silly moments)

good stuff though, liked how they captured venom's scream.

Overall - on its own a good movie, in relation to the comic, it did...its own thing..

Stan the man's cameo in it was awesome.

Best answers
dam your tempting me, if ur impressed i gota go see it? i want the game evn more though

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
From someone who wasn't a fan of the comics, it's good, but it jumps around way too much, some parts are a bit corny (like I said...comic movie, oh and Bruce Campbell has another cameo, heh)

just keep in mind a movie franchise would be hgue with sequels if they followed the comics directly, and with that state of midn, it's not that bad of a film.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I heard from a lot of reviews that there's simply too much villains, does this indeed have a negative impact in your opinion?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Of course it does, they tried to squeeze alot in, but they do go out with a bang, trust me, good scenes, great acting (once again Maguire REALLY pulled through with versatility, dorky, pissed, sad, everything)

It does seem like it jumps, but the good thing is, it isn't AS drawn out like PIrates 2 was, and it doesn't jump from location to location like Star wars usually does, a lot of the dramatic stuff happens in ebtween villain-ish parts, and each has their own downtime.

With what the production had on their plate, the amount of villains in the movie mixed in with the drama of Peter Parker, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc. I say it's pulled off nearly the best way possible, but still it hinders the film a bit.

Oh, and topher grace buffed the **** up in this one, when he's in the venom costume he has venom's huge upper body that we know and love, I was blown away by how big the guy got.

Sandman - good stuff, good actor, gets a bit cheesy at the end for him, but the actor for him was great, and the effects and how they did the physics for the sand was done extremely well.

New Goblin - Seriously, they made him like Silver Surfer meets speed racer in a way, but the fights between him and spiderman; Spoiler! ESPECIALLY symbiote spidey are extremely awesome, as well as entertaining and kind of funny - not pirates 2 funny adventurous and kiddish, but just..funny..heh.

So in short, it does have a negative impact, but something amazing would have to be done to make it fully positive, but it's still pulled off a way that'll keep you entertained.

Once again, if you're a true and through fan of the comics, and you scream blasphemy at everything not done like the comics, then you'll come out a bit miffed, but still entertained. But if you look at it as an alternate franchise (which...it is.) It shouldn't be half bad.

On an unrelated note, the preview for the new harry potter film started, everyone started applauding it, at the end when the theater was silent, my stoned ass thought it a good idea to yell...Spoiler:DUMBLEDORE DIES!! Yea, I got a good laugh for that :p

Was kind of funny, all the comic fanboys, myself included applauded when Stan-The-Man made his cameo (he actually has a speaking part, heh) same with Campbell.

Best answers
I never get why people applaud for movies.. It's not like the actors/director/crew hears you applaud.. Just a bunch of guys applauding at the silver-screen.. It's like applauding in front of your TV at home.

Anyway, I've seen the first one and it made me cry, thus I never went to see the second. If I go and see this one, it'll be on a rented DVD at home, together with the second movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well personally, i hated that movie >_> Too sappy, cheesy and the acting wasn't good at all. And what's with horny emo Parker? Worst movie i saw this year.

Best answers
I loved the spider man movies and can't wait to see this one. Off topic i also loved pirates.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was obviously an overrated release, I'll see it in a couple of months, just not now.

Best answers
NOOOOOOOO SPIDEY IS AWESOME I GROWN UP WATCHING HIM!!!

Best answers
... Well, that harry potter spoiler is For the Half blood prince.. not for the upcoming one O_0

Anyway... Spiderman t3h l33t....

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendly neighbourhood Spiderman!
Sing with me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i've grew up watching and kinda reading spidey too but this movie killed him. It just took a dagger and rammed it in has back. This is not spidey -_- This is stuff that you come up with when you have extra chromosomes...

Best answers
My opinions on the movie

<3

That's about it, thought it was better than two, and definitely worth a watch in teh theaters, especially if you're a lifelong spidey fan such as myself

Spoilers:

I laughed my ass off when that ***** kissed harry, some dude in the audience yelled out "whore!"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i've grew up watching and kinda reading spidey too but this movie killed him. It just took a dagger and rammed it in has back. This is not spidey -_- This is stuff that you come up with when you have extra chromosomes...
Spidey has downs syndrome in this movie? =[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw the midnight showing, and I was highly impressed with this movie. FAR better than Spiderman 2 was and, dare I say, actually better than the first one was.

They did Sandman surprisingly well. In most parts, I felt really sorry for him, and the explaination for Ben's death made me think so much differently about Sandman as a whole. It's obvious we wont ever see him again in a later movie, but Venom is definately coming back.

I was hoping that Eddie Brock would have been arrested at the end so it would set up for the Carnage storyline, but instead Venom gets away. Come on...do you seriously think a pumpkin bomb from Green Goblin 2 was enough to kill it?

Green Goblin 2...was not the green goblin. Though it was funny when emo-spidey called him "Little Goblin Jr." but he was just Harry on a hoverboard throwing weapons around. Didn't have that Green Goblin feel like the original did. Though Harry finally, FINALLY realized that Spidey didn't kill his father and helped in the final fight at the end. Kind of sad that they killed him off in the exact same way that the original goblin died, though with Venom influencing it, it was still kind of appropriate.

Overall though, great movie. A nice even mix of action vs real life situations and better character development for everyone. Better than Doc Ock at least...MAN they ****ed up with him and it STILL pisses me off...blah >.>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait... after reading those spoilers, i don't want to see this movie. they've ****ed the storyline WAY too much.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm going to see it tonight at the cinema. I bet It's going to be great, I loved the first and second. And I'm pretty sure the third will be much much better! :D.

Best answers
Ok, I lied.. My friends wanted to go and see this one (I was all for TMNT :'()

It failed on so many levels that even a half-assed-spidey-comicbook-fan like me left the cinema freaking out on how bad it actually was.
It was like watching random crap happening constantly. It was like grabbing 4 jigsaw-puzzles and throwing all the pieces together to make one huge kubistic portrait in an attempt to perform art, but failing at it.

If anyone is familiar with the comicbookwork of Jhonen Vasquez: it's like watching a live-action Happy Noodleboy comic minus the humor and minus the plot (yes, even noodleboy had more plot and a better storybackbone than this)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder why everyone is hating on this movie so much.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Eh like I said, anyone who is a fan of the comics really won't like the movie at all, but as I said earlier it has its flaws but it was entertaining at the very least.

Plus, people have their own opinions about things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom