[SPOILERS!] Revenge of the Sith

Best answers
So... I just got back from watching the midnight show. And I must say, Lucas definatly got back his reputation from it. The movie was darker, more aggressive, and all around better than the first two before it. There were only a few sketchy parts in the movie, but all around, it is a must-see.
Once you watch it, you will know why it was rated PG-13, there are some gruesome parts in it (from a Star Wars standpoint). And you just might leave the theater feeling a little depressed (and definatly wanting to watch IV-VI to see the happy side of the story).

Post comments here, be sure to give proper warning of spoiler alerts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I know what you mean. The movie has great special affects. And it's probly the most grusome of all the films, but that still doesn't mean there is any blood in it.

I did leave the theatre feeling a little depressed, but mostly because of how dissapointed I was in the film. I don't see why Lucas didn't get the concept that his original movies were so good because of the characters and how fun they were to follow and watch on their adventures. These movies aren't fun, they are like some kind of Biography you are forced to watch for 2 hours before they finally have a fight scene that isn't ended cheaply because they ran out of ideas, or a fight scene fueled by dialogue more than light sabers.
Now I understand this is supposed to be some huge coming of age story and explaining the ins and outs of Darth Vader but c'mon... I was falling asleep. We get your evil, thats fun, awesome, keep going with that, where are the characters that are fun? Probably the best character to come about is Chewbacca simply because of the memories he gives, but his part has nothing to do with the movie at all.

Maybe I'm cynical, maybe I expect too much, but Lucas should have left this series at the originals and let the authors of the literature world continue his work. In my opinion, see the movie simply because hey, it's star wars. But don't be in any rush. It's nothing special.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing special? Nothing special?!?! That was easily the best of all 6 if you ask me, or at least tied with the top! How can you

I am not supposed to behave this way as a moderator and beta tester. But I feel this is a must. I think that the only way to not appreciate this movie is if you are 2,000cc's of meth.

I mean...fun characters? FUN CHARACTERS?! This movie is about the usurping and dominating of an entire galactic civilization; it is about deceit, betrayal and malice. It is about a person who went from a pure hearted boy to the wholely and completing embracing the dark side! And you want FUN!? FUN?!!?!? It was called "Revenge of the Sith" -- not "Jar Jar Binks' Playtime Fun."

If anything Chewbacca was one of the lamest things in the movie, thrown in there for posterity's sake and to give a little throwback to the old school fans.

I'm sorry man. Normally I would respect everyone's opinion as just that, but there is absolutely no way that I can figure that would make someone consider this a bad (or even mediocre) Star Wars movie. No way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fun characters, yeah. What do you think the original Star wars were about? Flowers and puppies? They were about the same thing, that, plus incest, and they did perfectly fine integrating fun characters. These newer films are nothing less than fillers, the only moment in Revenge of the Sith that actually stood up to the Star Wars standard was with Konobi and Anakin after their fight in the lava when Konobi was having his emotional rant. THAT is character connection, THAT is good dialogue, THAT is what Star Wars was. It was an emotional battle of life and struggles. Luke was in love with his sister, his father was the man he wanted to kill, his best friends are being killed. What happened in this one? Some guy gets brain washed so he kills a bunch of people? Hey awesome emotion! Where's the substance?

Star Wars has substance, reason, connections, characters. These films are just money grabs. None of the characters connect with each other. The only reason why people think it's so good is because they remember how these characters turn out. If he just made these originally they would have flopped. There is too much time spent on fights, and not enough on actual substance. It seems like every 10 minutes some huge enemy is brought out into the open that they have to deal with at once.

And everyone knows Anakin is evil, he's going to kill people, thats the entire point of the film, why do I have to sit there for an hour litsening to him whine about how bad the life of being the most powerful jedi is until he finally starts doing what the movie boasts it's about.

The movie needs more character work, they focus on the main ones, and add maybe 2 or 3 more intresting people. What happened? In Return of the Jedi Luke walked into Jabba's hut and we met at least 10 very different entertaining characters right off the bat.

I really wish I could bring other arguments why it wasn't good, but I don't want to ruin the film for anyone. The only reason anyone would appreciate this movie is if they were a hardcore Star Wars fan and didn't want to admit they've been let down. If you wanted a film that explained things, sure it's a good film, if you wanted a film that actually had a purpose that couldn't be solved with a 2 minute recap from a friend but was chosen to be made into a 2 hour film, then it's not a good film.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of the 3 prequel films, this one was probably the most compelling. I rather enjoyed it, actually! It still doesn't beat Empire Strikes Back, imo, but it's still a good movie.

The only part I really didn't care for was

*Pseudo-Spoiler, highlight to read* When Darth Vader stepped off of the surgical bed he was on and was informed that he had killed Padme, then proceeded to leave the room and shout a terribly cliched "Noooooooooooo!"

Otherwise, I think the movie was well made. I think that it adequately sets the viewer up to watch Anakin's redemption in episodes 4-6.

Also, I must say that Palpatine's stance with the lightsaber freaked me out...too much stabbing :eek:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved it! best out of the 6 IMO

Special effects were awesome, so was the humour and all... the story is indeed very simplistic and corny the attempt to hide that failed miserably. but that is forgiven as its starwars, i didnt expect anything else...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came in my pants about halfway through, that's how much I liked it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kept thinking to myself in the movie, "No! No! Why are you doing this!" repeatedly to Anakin.

Its hard to make a movie have a good storyline when you know exactly how it will end. I thought it was well done. A vast improvement over the first two. The whole theatre laughed when Yoda flung those two red gaurds into the door, that was great. It seemed stupid how the three jedi who were with Windu practically stood still while Sidious ran them through. Why even bother bringing them if they were that weak.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sidious *is* the Emperor you know. Pretty much all but the Masters are relatively weak against the Dark Lord of the Sith.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
The only reason anyone would appreciate this movie is if they were a hardcore Star Wars fan and didn't want to admit they've been let down. If you wanted a film that explained things, sure it's a good film, if you wanted a film that actually had a purpose that couldn't be solved with a 2 minute recap from a friend but was chosen to be made into a 2 hour film, then it's not a good film.
It's funny you should say that. If you ask me, it's the hardcore Star Wars fans and overanalyzers that had the most negative things to say about this movie. Most everyone else I've talked to really enjoyed it.

Best answers
A part that i found messed up was when,
*warning spoilers highlight to read
Anakin went to the jedi temple then the little cute kid asks, "master skywalker what are we going to do?" Then Anakin just kills all of them *sob

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spoiler:

well the kids thought anakin was still on the jedi's side so they asked him what to do, however anakin was told to kill all the jedi people (even the youngins), now that he is on the dark side

i really liked it =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that was just cruel. Later on you see him on the security cam cutting down those kids o_O

And the little kid Jedi owned the crap out of the Clones D: Too bad his ass got blasted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man, in my city they had a matinee today at noon. So even though it was opening day of a star wars movie, there was probably less than 100 people. I don't think i'll ever be able to show up opening day to a highly anticipated movie 5 minutes before hand and get the seat I want ever again.

Guess I should state my opinion on the movie too.

X said:
I came in my pants about halfway through, that's how much I liked it.
Exact same thing happened to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, noon shows are the best. I got out of the movie at 240ish and there was a big line for the 315 show. I think I must have seen at least 20 minutes of ads, previews and piracy guilt trips. Disgusting.

Best answers
i really enjoyed the movie i was little sad when the youngiens got killed though

and kama i dont understand why you are talking about the movie needs charcater work these 3 newer movies were meant to lead up to the other 3 showing how annikin became vador not really to introduce more charcaters

Best answers
What was really messed up was Palpatine's lightsaber stance. It's like he's trying to pass weed or stab someone with a pen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it is supposed to be an aggressive stance, being as he is a Sith Lord and all. Who are you to say what a Sith Lord's lightsaber style would be? This is the first time we have seen crazy insane Sith Lord Kombat, and I thought it was cool.

Im seeing it again!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I've heard about this movie.

1) Lucas blows at writing love scenes, period
2) There isn't too much development into Anakin joining the darkside. It's more like
Onoes, I killed Mace, now I am R joining teh dark side >;O

Chances are, I'll wait for the DVD for this one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I haven't seen any of the original movies, and I'll say that this was a *good* movie. It wasn't bad, and it wasn't amazing. The fights were good, Yoda was awesome, and the visual aspect of it was great. I pretty much saw it as a decent action movie. However, It seemed very straightforward, I was expecting something a little deeper. I’m glad I saw it, but I was expecting much more than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom