Spirit? In ESF?

Best answers
http://spirit.valve-erc.com

They have an open source code, do u think it could be possible to implement Spirit in esf? U should check it out, cuz it has the pwn effects :yes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has teh pwn fx. I'd vote for a yes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be a really nice addition, I really like the seamless teleport. ^.^

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about no useless spam..-_- Just let it float around in this topic for a while and mod will notice it, i hope.

Best answers
I like the idea, but please be considerate of people like me who have crappy comps and if there are too much graphics then we can't play. ESF sucks up my CPU and memory like no other

Best answers
Well we can have an option to disable this though ;)

Hmm anyway is rain on maps posible on the current HL engine ? o_O

I remember seeing a HL mod with rain... but im not sure ... :\

Best answers
Rain is possible in more than one way, There are sprites and the thing that DOD and CS 1.6 uses dunno what that is though...

Best answers
Yea I've seen water drops and stuff in NS and thought it is ... but I belive with that many sprites it whould lag horibly

I'm gonna look into what DOD uses (I remember the rain in DOD pwned) and try to put it in esf_cell_night ... it whould simply own :D

Best answers
I said something about this along time ago, and nobody even gave an attempt :\ http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=21822

I'd say everybody should start using this. Make it worth the time for the people that made the wonderful source code. Too bad i thought it was for maps, *sigh* people would have made more sense from my thread if i would have read more into Spirit...
P.S.- Doesn't CS use it? Or is it just that some maps have rain, fog, and thunder in them.

Best answers
Well thats cuz u ****ed it up and said it was a mapping utility...

Best answers
Yup, and i had to reinstall my whole half-life directory because of it lol

But seriously, because of the big wait on HL2 (i could care less about that) it would be nice to see some rain and fog on mods.

Best answers
Wizard's Curse said:
I remember seeing a HL mod with rain... but im not sure ... :\
Yeah, they called it Terrorist Revenge and Counter-Strike 1.6 on de_aztec

ImpTaimer said:
it would be nice to see some rain and fog on mods.
Fogs on Firearms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn.. cell_night would look so crazy with rain.. *drools* but then there are already a **** load of fps problems with esf, so that wouldnt be good :S

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or like me :p Snow would also be nice, just think of a nice ice map with heaps of snow coming down, it would pwn all teh way to homerville.

Scruffie

S
Does sound like fun, but remember, not everyone is capable of getting a new computer just like that. It would get my vote, but it seems super laggy. I don't know much about it though, just my two pence (Ha! Take that Yankee Pig Dogs!).

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then have more than 1 version of the map. esf_guru was made so the people with more powerful hard drives can play it. and the other namek level was left so the people with the slower computers can play on that if theyre not able to play on guru.
every map doesnt have to have snow or rain. so it wouldnt be a big deal to make more than one version of the map, if the team decided to use this.

Best answers
MyStiX said:
damn.. cell_night would look so crazy with rain.. *drools* but then there are already a **** load of fps problems with esf, so that wouldnt be good :S
It shouldnt lag too much if its made rite ... like 10 fps max

And who cares if it does ... just play bots on it ... even looking at it is worth the efort of making it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom