Spirit Bomb Vulnerability

Best answers
My idea may seem a little far fetched at first, but consider it very general. I'm hoping someone else can carve my idea into something more reasonable if it isn't already. :]

While Goku is summoning a Spirit Bomb, he's left still and, as we all know, very vulnerable. I was wondering if two things could be done to slightly compensate this:

- Goku had an added bonus of 25% (or less) damage resistance. In the Buu Saga, Goku took maybe 3 or 4 ki shots from Kid Buu.
- Goku won't go flying if hit by a basic melee attack. He'll take damage (appropriate towards the damage resistance), but he'll still stand there and be able to concentrate.

Also, while I'm at it, I was wondering if the maximum size of the Spriit Bomb could be increased. I think the max it can go now should be say, half of what it should be able to go to in ESF 1.3. I'd like to see it have the potential of becoming much bigger and much much slower (Assuming player speed = 100, the spirit bomb speed at such a huge size could be 20), making it more intimidating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the spirit bomb extra resistance is just.. Well.. Foolish, because all the n00bs will then start making tons of spirit bombs and no normal fighting. If he's gonna survive attacks it should take a lot of ki from him.

Best answers
Yeh I like this idea of making the Bomb bigger and slower, that could work well. But it would have to have a much longer charge time to compensate. That way you'd also get more control over how big you want it etc...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bigger Slower SB's = Yes :yes:

Giving Goku advantages when charging one of the most powerful attacks in the game at no cost to his ki = No :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, the n00bs would have a field day with the resistance thing. BUT the other idea on the huge ball was good, but we would need bigger maps for it =(

Best answers
Well, I don't think a 25% (at most) resistance is that much. Instead of a Kamehameha doing a full hundred points of damage (assuming figuratively), it would only do 75 (25 is left undamaged).

Silent_Bob said:
Yeh I like this idea of making the Bomb bigger and slower, that could work well. But it would have to have a much longer charge time to compensate. That way you'd also get more control over how big you want it etc...
I'm hoping for that too. To be honest, I charge a Spirit Bomb even after the bar has reached full just for the sake of effect. It'd be neat to be able to make it bigger. Picture it having a diametre of the open ceiling in esf_battlearena, that'd be amazing! Of course, it would also have to move EXTREMELY slowly, which makes it more DBZ-realistic and fair.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shao said:
- Goku won't go flying if hit by a basic melee attack. He'll take damage (appropriate towards the damage resistance), but he'll still stand there and be able to concentrate.
If I'm not mistaken, that was planned on being put in in 1.1 and also 1.2, but didn't make it in either versions. Anyway, the whole idea seems reasonable to me.

Best answers
25 resistance would make him take 75 damage for every 100, if you resisting 25% its 100%-25%

Best answers
Er....

Maybe my view's wrong on this but since he's vulnerable shouldn't he take MORE damage?

I do agree that he should still be able to charge the SB even when he's taken a shot from melee (Freiza battle) but to give resistance would really hurt some character without a high damage attack. Think like trunks. he does 10 damage a melee hit..now down to 7...What if goku's power level was higher in the 1st place? You get my point.

I wouldn't mind seeing him be able to have it un-interupted, but outside of that I think it's given a wee bit of an advantage.

Best answers
I'm thinking a fully charged, huge spirit bomb should take about 60+ seconds to charge, if not more. Therefore, to compensate for the vulnerability, he should have some sort of "idle advantage". Perhaps 25% was too high? I'm hoping he has atleast 5-10% resistance though; atleast something. Having to be still for that long is enough of a disadvantage in itself.

Best answers
10% sounds much more reasonable.

Chances are if he's standing still for 60+ seconds then if he's found he's pretty much dead anyway. Takes about 5 seconds for a KHH to charge up and add another frag to the board.

Best answers
ugh.. 60+ seconds... who would actually charge one that long when the current one can already kill well? except for playing just for fun to see if you can bs it no one would really stand there for that long just to have a sbomb that fills up the whole screen if you were too look at it..

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of it being bigger but Jumin is exactly right, In an actual serious game why would you charge it to a giant size when the regular size is more than enough for the kill. Also even if you have 25% resistance the 60 seconds to charge a giant SB (Which is basically saying HEY! LOOK AT ME I PLAN TO KILL YOU ALL!!!) You'd be targeted by everyone in the map and would never get a chance to actually unleash the damn thing.

Best answers
Well when I made the suggestion, I had Team FFA mode in mind. Your team mates could cover you while you summon. Come to think of it though, 60 seconds does seem long. However, why not make a full minute the maximum charging time of a Spirit Bomb? That doesn't mean you have to sit there for 60 seconds. I've played a lot of team games and even came up with some small strategies with my friends to cover me while I summon a bomb. If I had enough time, it'd be cool to whip out a big one, even if the chance is very very rare.

Basically, having 60 seconds as a maximum does not mean you have to achieve it. Also, consider it an example; my basic point is having the potential to charge it longer than you do now and having it count.

Best answers
Ok no damage reduction, that's just lame. LEts say thatonce the spirit bomb gets to a certain size, goku can teleport around to different spots under it to avoid attacks (kid buu saga)

Best answers
The Taco Man said:
Ok no damage reduction, that's just lame. LEts say thatonce the spirit bomb gets to a certain size, goku can teleport around to different spots under it to avoid attacks (kid buu saga)
that would be good but you should probably make it so he can do it while hes charging at the start since there would be no point when its near completion

Best answers
I said it and got rejected it man they reject me and expect you what is up with that? Also i say this is a good idea. Bit better than mine but thats the whole point.

Best answers
hmm, maybe when it's small he just teleports on the spot. It would be pretty fast he would sort of shif in then out again, would require good timing to pull off dodgeing an attack so it won't be spammed

Best answers
I think being able to teleport around while having a Sprit Bomb would be a bit... inappropriate. The only reason Goku did it in the Kid Buu saga is because he was avoiding one or two attacks while leaving the Spirit Bomb stationary. It would be too much of a hassel to make it so Goku teleports away from the bomb, then back in maybe half a second. I think teleporting is asking for too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom