Spirit Bomb Control

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi. The current Spirit Bomb is nothing more than a bomb thrown away into players.
But watch the final episodes of DBZ, when Goku throws Spirit Bomb into Kid Buu. Goku controls the Spirit Bomb as it would be a beam (like Kamehameha).
This is what I mean:

- Goku charges Spirit Bomb
- Goku throws it
- If Goku moves/teleports/powerups after throwing it, he loses control of Spirit Bomb. If not, he can use his energy/stamina or w/e is used in normal beams to prevent enemy from succeeding in Block Struggle. Also, after throwing it, Goku could become a Super Saiyan to have a higher chance to success. Of course that could happen if his PL is high enough (like perfect transformation's PL, if there's one in ESF 1.3.).

So, what do you think?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All balls will have slight homing abilities in 1.3

Suggestion useless.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All balls will have slight homing abilities in 1.3

Suggestion useless.
I couldn't have known that, could I?

What about SSJ?

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean this:
Also, after throwing it, Goku could become a Super Saiyan to have a higher chance to success. Of course that could happen if his PL is high enough (like perfect transformation's PL, if there's one in ESF 1.3).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw the thing, transform and shoot a beam into it.

^^

No need to overpower the strongest ball attack in the game.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Throw the thing, transform and shoot a beam into it.

^^

No need to overpower the strongest ball attack in the game.
It actually would be a nice thing to struggle something without... well, struggling it with a beam.

Best answers
Also, after throwing it, Goku could become a Super Saiyan to have a higher chance to success. Of course that could happen if his PL is high enough (like perfect transformation's PL, if there's one in ESF 1.3.).
You can transform if you want after throwing Genkidama. i think is not good to automatically transform

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You can transform if you want after throwing Genkidama. i think is not good to automatically transform
Genkidama? Heh, I'd rather say spirit bomb, much cooler word :p.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Genkidama? Heh, I'd rather say spirit bomb, much cooler word :p.
Genkidama > Spirit Bomb

In any case:

1.) Throw the sucker
2.) Transform
3.) Charge beam and shoot into thrown sucker ^^

Your suggestion implanted since beta 1.0 ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Genkidama > Spirit Bomb
I know, I'm not that stupid ^_^.

1.) Throw the sucker
2.) Transform
3.) Charge beam and shoot into thrown sucker ^^
The suggestion is a bit different though. Looks much better if it would be show like.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody said "automatically transform". I suggested that Goku, who's having enough PL, can transform into SSJ while controling Spirit Bomb (or Genkidama, w/e).

And it's uncool to shoot another beam into your own Spirit Bomb. You should be able to control it without additional beam (you shouldn't be able to change its direction though).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still fail to see the point in making the strongest ball attack in the game even stronger.

Show like maybe. But then we could allso add perfect homing to Frieza disc and make Buus Candy beam 1 hit candify.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it would be a nice addition, but even better if both players could struggle it out (kid buu vs goku style), than rather make Goku the only one with complete control over the spirit bomb. Kid Buu used his sheer strength to push the Spirit Bomb back, but when Goku recovered his strength he just used some sort of telekinesis to push the **** out of the SB putting Buu in a struggling position once more... this being the overpowered suggestion put forth by HleV.

Any other alternate suggestion would be based on PS struggles and the outcome is always defined by the amount of PL.

@ Grega: Lighten up man! I know it's frustrating to see people with sheer lack of gameplay balance, but hey, at least it keeps the forums active... and you have people to yell at.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasnt ranting or anything.

I was giving an example.

If we wanted it to be like the show then Frieza Disc should be auto aim and 100% homing.

And Buu turned multiple people quite far away into candy.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasnt ranting or anything.

I was giving an example.

If we wanted it to be like the show then Frieza Disc should be auto aim and 100% homing.

And Buu turned multiple people quite far away into candy.
Frieza's aim stunk. The only person he really got with the disc was himself ^^.

I have to agree with Grega though. It is pretty powerful already.

Besides, I don't think Goku ever had the ability to add more energy to it after he had fired it. Why bother charging it when you can gather energy whilst you can make it more powerful whilst the enemy struggles with it?

P.S Spirit Bomb sounds more psychedelic and one with nature, Genki Dama just makes it sound like a move out of Street Fighter (I'm aware the two are synonymous, I just prefer the English term).

Best answers
Spirit Bomb the strongest attack in the game?? What, are u serious? That thing is so slow, my grandmother cloud avoid being hit by it... its makes alot of damage, sure, but that doesnt matter cauze the ppl can move too fast and so easliy espace it.

imho the idea with the struggle is nice, it doesnt have to work differently than a beam struggel, but could at least look different. This way, the Spirit Bomb had even more personality and is more fun to use.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its an attack that isnt bound to YOUR PL but rather the servers PL. It costs exactly 0 KI to charge and deals a ****load of damage.

Add the slight homing ability from 1.3 and you have a monster.

Even so with the new PS system ball attacks are really hard to struggle against. Especially balls with the power of a spiritbomb will allmost certanly winn a PS unless the guy struggling it is a lot stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom