Spiderman 2 for PC is gonna blow?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, i have read many articles and stuff from IGN and GAMESPOT. And the reviews are in, Spiderman 2 for PC is gonna blow. They say because kids play on the PC that the PC version should be rated E [everyone] so all the little 3 year olds can play it for 5 mins and say "daddy i pooped in my underpants" and never play again, and ruine the fun for all of us PC gamers. It's going to be brighter, cartoonier [maybe not a word], gonna have lame basic combat and movibility. But the console version is gonna be sweet, with all the cool combos and graphics and drakness, and cool dark skins. So just because of the few little kiddies that play on PC, we PC gamers have to get the P.O.S. version of Spiderman 2. I have played the demo and stuff....and I was like "WTF! Did GameInformer lie to me?" Nope, that's just the ghey version of Spiderman 2 :S .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought the full version.. and was extremely dissapointed.. It's retardation at it's best. I'm not even going to take it back, I'm going to throw it in the microwave and make it a coaster, just becuase it pissed me off so much. It doesn't make sense.. kids play on the consoles too, so it's not very logical to make the PC version childish and not the console version. The PC users always get hosed.

Best answers
hmmm... I WATED FOR THAT GAME 2 YEARS and now they did such a ****
to us ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(
A******s, Now i will have to wait another 3 years till spider man 3 comes out :cry: Ill be 16 by than !!!!!!! :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I too have the pc version... disapointment is too lesser word.
I cant stop playing it though... in the sad hope that it will suddenly get better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anyone is dissappointed about the super bright spiderman [which i was] i edited the skin to be like the console version, i just dont know how to package it back up as a utx file....anyone want to help with that? I think it has to do with Unreal Tournament. But yea, you cant swing from polls, climb all the awy on top of the high buildings, cant go everywhere, has road blocks, its just stupid....... But it was a little bit fun, but seeing as the console version is better..... [buys PS2 version :)]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ive started to make some progress on it.. allthough tbh its painfull to play. Up to the fight with electro... with rocks that oddly explode... [ALSO buys PS2 version] [Frisbies Pc version into the sea]

you forgot to say that u only have to use the left + right mouse buttons... and sometimes enter! :shocked:

Best answers
why didn't the developers recognize that they created a pile of sh*t??

Best answers
They don't need to. You bought it anyway. And that's what it's all about. *does the hokey pokey in a giant pile of money*

Best answers
Why for the love of god didn`t they input the usual violence lock, you know, that thing that parents can activate to remove all the violent stuff if they want there 5 year old to play, and let other < older > people enjoy the game to the full.
almost any violent game these days has it, why not this one, cuz ist a crappy port from console maybe ? ;( < screens looked awesome btw > but after reading your comments im very dissapointed and not even gonna try to download it. <****> i hoped this game would be great :cry:

Tip

Best answers
Raiko, how were you able to open it and make it a model file? Were you able to open it up in milkshape? If so, can you send it to me?

Sound Artist
Best answers
The PC version is NOT like the consoles. It's not even made by Activision. The screwed up thing is.. they throw it in the console box and make it appear like it's just like real thing. This version is for little kids. It's a totally different game alltogether. The models don't even have digits, heck the wheels on the vehicles don't even spin. No free form swinging (theres icon mid air you have to swing from)

DO NOT GET THE PC VERSION

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tip said:
Raiko, how were you able to open it and make it a model file? Were you able to open it up in milkshape? If so, can you send it to me?
I looked up the file type which is UTX, and later on found out it was an Unreal Tournament texture file. So i googled it for about an hour till i found some programs to help me extract the skins, well i extracted em, there edited, now all i need to do is package em back up into a UTX and i can put it ingame, all i did was change the same colors to mtach the console version, cause the PC version is like SUPER bright. But im cluless when it comes to UT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's things like this that makes me want never buy a game in my life... but get them some other way.. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people should stop looking at the front of the box and look at the back

ud see that its not the sweet sweet console game

Best answers
appparently the new game Spiderman 2 which we have all seen of course looks awsome..was changed around in gameplay when converted for the PC...the PC version is now suited for children ages of 6-12..i personally was tricked by this because i was missinformed...and now im angry...theres a petition to change the PC version back to the normal way it SHOULD be as advertised for the PS2..i would like to ask that everyone possible plz go to this link and sign the petition..if the link doesnt work then plz PM me for the link..

http://www.petitiononline.com/1623545/petition.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they wont change it

no one ever looks at thoes online petitions cause they get cluttered with things like OSAMAS DEAD BODY SIGNED

Best answers
This makes since why the demo was so corny now, downloading it from fileshack, and trying it i was extremly disappointed cause of all the hype of SM2.

The demo was after the age change tho i suppose, cause it was very very cartoony, and u still needed the swinging webs floating in the air, in order to travel via web line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, its funny. Only 2 negitives outta 120, all the other 118 say YES, its BS. I signed, its ghey, no need to have a stupid 3+ game for PC, make it for xbox or somthing :laff:

Best answers
the game is really ment for consoles either way, having the console version on PC would pwn only cause of the graphics upgrade but still, the controls really are for console, vice city may have come to the PC but spider-man 2 is controled some what more different and not so pc friendly like......and yes their current pc release sucks balls so much glad i got it from a friend to test first then got the console version instead :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont really buy any PC games, i download the demos and test em, and if i like em i buy em. Same with console games, i rent em, if i like em, i buy em ^_^. Simple process of game testing:). Well, maybe if they get the word everyone hates it for PC, maybe they will release a patch, or someone will mod it since it uses the UT engine. I REALLY hope they will make a recall :(.

[EDIT]

Who wants to bet that when the official spiderman forums open, that there will be 20 "I HATE SPIDERMAN 2 FOR PC" Threads? LOL, i cant wait to see what happens when those forums are opened :laff:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom