speed dependant on your PL to an extent

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
each character has a max speed per transformation right? why not make that the speed ceiling that they could ever achieve in that form, while their speed would depend on their PL. you wont be at that speed unless your PL is at perfect trans. so if you have a lower PL compared to someone else at the same form, your speeds would vary. thus PL would be a greater contributor to one's speed and would be more actively involved in determining speed

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with your suggestion is that you're asking for the people with the most powerful attacks to also become the fastest. We have to draw the line somewhere to prevent the imbalance of a higher power level from becoming ridiculous. You also have to take into account that Saiyans would become the fastest characters in the game in the hands of anyone who worked them up to a transformation. We'd have to redesign everyone's starting and transformation power levels to account for the speed differences, and it would still lead to the better players being too quick and damaging for a weaker character to keep up with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
The problem with your suggestion is that you're asking for the people with the most powerful attacks to also become the fastest. We have to draw the line somewhere to prevent the imbalance of a higher power level from becoming ridiculous. You also have to take into account that Saiyans would become the fastest characters in the game in the hands of anyone who worked them up to a transformation. We'd have to redesign everyone's starting and transformation power levels to account for the speed differences, and it would still lead to the better players being too quick and damaging for a weaker character to keep up with.
not really, whatever starting PL it is currently should be their speed ceiling, so it wouldnt get faster. just that you will start off a bit slower, and will have to work your PL to reach that speed ceiling, because lets say two gokus are on one server. their speed are equal, although their PL may be differnet.. PL should have some control over speed, even if it is for a little bit.. if you're PL is dropping, your speed should also drop as well, showing that you're decreasing in power which affects your overall health

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of there speed decreasing when they are below 5hp, makes them easier to kill :). However for having higher speed with higher pl, that really doesn't give a chance to people who may have just joined a server. Maybe if it were dependent on how much damage you did in a attack to reach max speed would be good, or some how have a speed boost optional if the stamina system does end up getting implamented.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I think this is a great idea, I read the thread name in the forum and already liked it, it would help alot, but you guys are also right, but then if you joined the server instead of swooping or moving, just telepport, it works for me all the time, ask some guys that i've played against, me normal goku against buu form 2, helps alot.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you can't catch the guy with a higher PL than you, you can't hit him. Speed makes a bigger difference than you realize even in small increments. You're already more powerful at a higher power level in that it takes less hits to kill your enemy, and that's all you need.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you ever tested what is faster? teleporting from one side of the map to the other or swooping? Go do that and tell me which is faster.

Do a test by shooting a ki blast and look which one catches up to it(swoop or teleport), or which one will be closer.

Then you won't care of your rivals speed.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you teleport 5 or 6 times and you have to recharge. Meanwhile your opponent swoops back around and hits you. We don't all have aimbots or lightning reflexes that allow us to teleport directly into our enemies from half way across the map, and most of our time is spent swooping or swoop-jumping from place to place. Even beam jumps are impacted by speed, and more speed is always more advantage, even moreso than power level. Combining the two is recipe for disaster.

Get a couple of clan players together and let one use trunks while the other uses Buu and see who has the most obvious advantage. Then have one use Trunks while the other uses Goku. Even a small speed discrepency is enough to outweight an even match.

nge

Best answers
Indeed- speed is perhaps the deciding factor most of the time in any fight. You've got to do some serious fancy work in order to pull a slow charecter ahead in a fight.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
So you teleport 5 or 6 times and you have to recharge. Meanwhile your opponent swoops back around and hits you. We don't all have aimbots or lightning reflexes that allow us to teleport directly into our enemies from half way across the map, and most of our time is spent swooping or swoop-jumping from place to place. Even beam jumps are impacted by speed, and more speed is always more advantage, even moreso than power level. Combining the two is recipe for disaster.
OK i think you missed the point of the suggestion.

Im gona make this up a bit so dont acuse me of false numbers:

Lets say you are Goku. His speed is 180.

Well with this idea his speed would start at 170. And would go up. When he reaches the level of perfect transform his speed would be 180. And it would stay there. His speed as SSJ would act the same. Only it would be till the ptrans to SSJ2, and so on.

So basicly you wouldnt have such a difrence. Ofcourse that would only work with people who can descend.

It would A give Trunks and Gohan a better chance since there speed would increase faster (even if they would still be the slowest) and the nondescend characters would start with full speed (good for Krillin users Buu's unbalanced but that aint anything new)

BTW i like the idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the speed wouldnt be sooo jurastic, its basically a small increase in speed compared to a transformed character

look at the saiyan saga... goku and nappa both normal forms.. now...

who had a larger speed difference? goku
why? stronger (in terms of ESF, higher PL)

there SHOULD be some variables, and i doubt it'll affect gameplay very jurastically as much as one transformed and one not transformed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I still agree with this suggestion 100%
And why not make it when someone gets to 50 mil(Which almost no one has got unless they use maps with dragonballz), then they get +40 speed or something, then after you transform there will be something to look out to, even though the new transformations might get you to that hight, but that would be kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom