• Yes.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No.

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about this for a while but was too lazy to post it. Well, I saw that some forums have a spam section. Where people can spam their hearts out, say whatever they want. I say why not? The only problem would be the webspace. But if other forums are using it then there must be a solution to that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Join the force pit. They've given us free reign!

Not really, but they keep up the illusion really well. Some day....we'll have our freedom.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because we don't need a spam forum. It would be one more forum to moderate, and since spam is pretty much pointless, logically, a spam forum is also pointless.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spam isn't completely pointless. In a spam forum, I could preach about the Nix all I want without having to at least be half-way on topic.

Why would you deny humanity the gift of knowledge and salvation?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I just don't get why you can't keep the crazy on the inside?

The crazy is for the inside. Not the outside. Bottle it, don't spray it. o_O

Really, though, if you need to post about how much you totally think cows could beat kangaroos in a game of checkers, and you really(!!!) gotta make a post about it.. why not find a forum that supports that kinda stuff? To me Spam Forums are just a daft idea, I accept that they exist elsewhere but I'd rather not have one set-up here..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. I mean, we already have a forum where naked pics of a guy are allowed, but naked pictures of women aren't (real women, anyway. can we at least have topless pics? goddamn). How much more insanity do you need?

Right?

Right?

Right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i for one have never seen a KidBoy pic. And I don't intend to. What I want is a forum where you can post about anything. Or better yet, a sticky. Yeah, a sticky in Off Topic called Spam, where you can post anything and it doesn't have to be on topic, because it can't be off topic since the point of the thread is spam and spam is off topic by nature.

Spam isn't completely pointless. In a spam forum, I could preach about the Nix all I want without having to at least be half-way on topic.

Why would you deny humanity the gift of knowledge and salvation?
Because the nix worship pizza, and we worship PIE. And we all know:

>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you think we get in part of paying the $5~ to support the team other then status updates on esf development :p?.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Dan: It's called a pizza pie for a reason.

What DO we get Overlord?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Dan: It's called a pizza pie for a reason.

What DO we get Overlord?

Whatever. I think Overlord was trying to say that by joining the force pit we get to spam to our hearts content. HAS SPAM GOTTEN A PRICE!?!? SACRE BLEU!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll wait until Overlord posts so I can plug the FP.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because we don't need a spam forum. It would be one more forum to moderate, and since spam is pretty much pointless, logically, a spam forum is also pointless.
Seconded. I lived through one spam section, and I don't intend to live through another. I'm quite sure that Cucumba and the other admins would agree (especially those that remember the long-buried Spam/Testing section).

...better luck next time =P

EDIT:

HAS SPAM GOTTEN A PRICE!?!? SACRE BLEU!
You can put a price on just about anything in this day and age, including a grilled cheese sandwich that shows a likeness to the European interpretation of Jesus.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please, God, no. Spam forums are annoying as crap. People say they're for "venting frustrations". How the hell could you vent your frustrations by typing "UBALALALA" x 1000, and posting it for the bunch of other 10 year olds who would visit that section of the forum to see.

It's sooo pointless. Sooo pointless...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it is not in my desire at all, if you want to chat or spam, go to Msn Messenger or Aim and spam and type anything you want there, this forum consists of too many intelligent people anyways, we have the Force Pit, be a little curious and donate 5 dollars, go spam there.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The spam forum once caused Greg to consider shutting down ESF. Back then, it caused such traffic, that it nearly brought down the server it was on.

It will never return, and for that, I am thankful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah man that was bad.

Such a stupid stupid stupid idea...

Best answers
Omg, wtf stupid stupid stupid, if you really want to spam, go spam on Notepad, save it and then make another doc and do it again. We don't need pointless spam threads it might become a habit and therefore be passed down to the threads that do not want to be spammed, so it gets a big NO-NO from me, Soz.

-GuZzie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom