Spacechick work in progress

Best answers
I dloaded this model off the polycount forums. i have no idea who made it.
It was for some skinning contest or sumthin xD

Well, I decided to give it a shot, the thing is i've never skinned a woman before. so i need some good crits to make her look more femanen.
atm i think it/he/she whatever *rofl* looks like a dragqueen, but maybe that's just me ._. *hopes it's just me*

And bare with me, 256x256 map <_>"
EDIT

Here's what i got after some leet critz from Mad_AxMan and Krazyace

And here's the eye i made for her (lost a lot of detail cause of the stupid 256x256 map -_-")

Best answers
Sorry dont like it much , allthough u have improved since previous skins your use of colors are very bland and you seem to be over defining human lightsource in places and then undefining it in others, all in all your skin makes the model look 2d and flat due to these probs which is the biggest prob at the time.To be honest i think u should look @ some more textures of women on places like cgtalk.com.Dam i wish i had tekniks old female skin of this as he did it almost perfectly would have been a good example of wat i meant :S anyway keep working on it Sadner and dont be so restricted with your color choice :yes:

Best answers
What makes you think i was done mmkay.

So, I changed the eyebrows, lips and the nose. gettin there slowly.
Keep in mind that im skinning this on a 256x256 map, and the head map is only 1/4th of the entire skinmap, so getting detail on there aint baking pancakes. these days people usually skin on a 512x512 map, which is soooooo much easier.

Best answers
i never said u were done, i meant to say its beyond editing if u want to get it at a presentable level.

Best answers
look really good.maybe she could look more like a girl if she had long hair,i dunno.right now she looks a little to male.

Best answers
I cant cause of the spacehelmet. But i'll add eyelashes and mascara and stuff to make her look more femanen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be honest, i dont really like it, you cant really see that she is a female...it lacks quality, yeah yeah i know 256x256, but you should try to make her look more female...dont know how....but something makes her look male-ish

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the styles dont mix i mean the nose is realy good the eyes are cartoony and the mouth is ala botox

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadner said:
the thing is i've never skinned a woman before
It's quite easy, all you need is some chloroform and a potato peeler. Make sure they're unconscious when you start though, or that's just evil.

The eyebrow and mouth shape needs work. Raise the brows and make them thinner, and make the lips less wide and see how that looks. Google Image Search will get you hundreds of female faces to ref from.

Best answers
Sicron, why the hell did you think i asked for critz >_<
And i dont see how the eyes are cartoony. the pupil is definitely not cartoony.mmkay

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for a start, i'd suggest looking at some photo's of women, look at the shape of the eyes, and the eyebrows, because yours look inhuman, eyebrows dont grow like that, especially on a woman, and the eyes lack real eyelids, and no tear ducts, there's no eye lashes (very important with women), and most of all the shape is just wrong, i'd add a little more lighting to the top of the cheeks, because womens cheekbones define alot, also take a look at the lighting on the lips, its all wrong, atm its as if the lightsource is inbetween the two lips, there is no way that light can fall at the bottom lip like that and the top lip at the same time. I'd also make it a slightly deeper red. The hairline is also hurting it, proportionally, the distance between the brow, and bottom of the nose, and the bottom of the nose to the chin, and the brow to the hair line/top of the forehead should be the same. I'd also suggest adding more contrast, there's too little variation between the light and dark you've used. The only thing that needs work on the shape of the mouth, is the bit where it peaks at the top, bring it closer together.

Good luck, not a bad start.

Best answers
Thanks for the critz david, finally someone who doesn't talk sack \o/
I still need to work out all of your critz mmkay.

I'm not very creative with metal so the helmet is considered a wip bigger than my arse.
c&c on the face please kthnxmmkay ^_^

Best answers
Eye brows totaly the wrong shape , needs Eyelashes , lighten up the cheeks and add a little blush to them aswell to give it a more fenimen look and then id totaly redo the lips not the shape thats okay but the colors you used are fuggly.Hair lacks detail all together could do with quite abit of highlighting, and no dont use dodge on highlight.Lastly the whites of the eyes are just plain white with no detail what so ever add some more detail and define them abit better.You havent asked for c&c on the eyes so i wont even go into that.

Anyway Keep it up , and stop flaming people and telling them to shutup as you dont want there c&c , then why post it here i think we both know noone would be haveing a orgasim over this so accept c&c good and bad and learn how to deal with it and dont anwer like a smartass back to this post as it just shows how incomptent at reading you are

Best answers
Elemental said:
Eye brows totaly the wrong shape , needs Eyelashes , lighten up the cheeks and add a little blush to them aswell to give it a more fenimen look and then id totaly redo the lips not the shape thats okay but the colors you used are fuggly.Hair lacks detail all together could do with quite abit of highlighting, and no dont use dodge on highlight.Lastly the whites of the eyes are just plain white with no detail what so ever add some more detail and define them abit better.You havent asked for c&c on the eyes so i wont even go into that.

Anyway Keep it up , and stop flaming people and telling them to shutup as you dont want there c&c , then why post it here i think we both know noone would be haveing a orgasim over this so accept c&c good and bad and learn how to deal with it and dont anwer like a smartass back to this post as it just shows how incomptent at reading you are
Well, after a retarded post like that you're simply forcing me to be a smartass.
First of all i didn't tell anyone to shut up so im not the terrible reader here.
And about the eyes, actually made vains and **** but the detail got lost when i scaled down the eye to put it on the map. even with a brush size 1 you cant see it, i might scale the texture up to a 512x512 like teknik recommended and show you what i can do with a big map =p

I added eyelashes earlier but they turned out *** so im took them out but i'll make some nicer oens later =p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
move the eyebrows further apart, and thin them out some. make the bottom lip thicker, and the top thinner. if you want to make eyelashes, use an alpha plane. the eyes also need to be moved down a bit, i can see on the perspective view that they are slanting forward (meaning they are on the wrong part of the mesh).

and maybe some eyeliner...

Best answers
I'll be in Paris for the next three days, so untill thursday no updates sorry =p

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
P3n0r nose and bushy eye browes.. not a girl.. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom