Space Shooters wanted!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm a real fan of space shooting games, and I am searching for some. Does anyone know any good ones? I loved Freelancer, favorite space game of all time, and recently tried out Darkstar One, which was....well, it tried to mimic Freelancer, but wasn't a very good one at it. I've heard some things about EVE Online, but I'm not really a fan of MMORPG's for which you need to pay every month.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you can try freelancers prequel.

Its old but still has a good storyline.

Its called Starlancer.

Also there is still the freespace series XD

Best answers
Best one i can think off of the top of my head is freespace, i loved that game so much.

The bad side is however the series is old so the graphics aren't the best, but the gameplay was awesome imo.

Best answers
I suggest http://sco.gpotato.com/ , spacecowboy... it's not exactly space but it is a fly shooter type game...(the catch)... it's an mmo, im playing it, and there is a mission always availible to do, the game is entertaining...i think of it like auto assualt , except with planes and it's for free

Best answers
if you liked freelancer you should try X2:the Threat by egosoft or if you have a great pc try X3: Reunion. it catters not just for the combat junkie but for trading between races and sectors except you can own more than one ship and build a fleet of Capital ships. there are also classic ship shooters like the wing commander serries by chris robberts (the maker of freelancer and starlancer).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Well I'm a real fan of space shooting games, and I am searching for some. Does anyone know any good ones? I loved Freelancer, favorite space game of all time, and recently tried out Darkstar One, which was....well, it tried to mimic Freelancer, but wasn't a very good one at it. I've heard some things about EVE Online, but I'm not really a fan of MMORPG's for which you need to pay every month.
Descent series or Tachyon: The Fringe (Highly recommended).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, tried the X series aswell, never liked them. Annoying controls and crashed alot on my PC. Also tried Space Cowboys some while ago, was a great game, but lagged as hell for me on any stations, so I could barely play it. But I guess I'm gonna try freespace and starlancer :p. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom