South City

Best answers
I don't know if this is done before (but cannot be found on esf-world.com nor esfstuff.com anyways) Can somebody do a South City map? With those dome shaped houses and "buildings of the future" around the city...I'll find some ref pics later...

Best answers
i'm still learning about making maps and wads so if i'm ready and south city does not exist then i should make it if you have any pic's for me:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck making a nice looking dome without sacrificing too much r_speeds.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's not impossible.
I think Crazy Taxi made a map of a city from DBZ a long time ago, I don't remember what it was called though, I never got it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That map was ESF_Storm_V1 by, I think, DJReady. I don't think it is on ESF-World, but I still have it. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was by B0bMaster4000 (or 40000). It was a laggy map though, still, the storm effect was nice.

Best answers
the map on EEA.. prety good.. not south city its capsule corp.. but its a nice city

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i have that esf_storm map also if anybody wants it. get me on aim.
the buildings are round and dome shaped like ND described.

Best answers
I had/played that map before...but the problem is like what XXShadowXX said...the r_speed was very bad and it lags like crazy when you play...one question though...remember the 3 houses in esf_guru?? how come they doesnt make the map laggy and stuff and they are kinda dome shaped too?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Namekian houses? They're models, so they add to epoly instead of wpoly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i don´t remember such a big lag in esf_storm i played it yesterday and i didn´t have any lag but it´s still a cool map

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people have better computers then others o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
huh?better computer? i got a crappy 1600 MHZ comp with a geforce 4 mx i don´t think it´s a good one :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lag has to do with ping, not with FPS (thats what low pc's have, low FPS) or am i wrong? since i have various games and i can put the graphics really low or really high i dont notice any differnce in the Ping but i do notice the differnce in the FPS (high = fps of 80, low = fps of 400 =D)

anyways....maybe guru map doesnt lag as wel, since u can walk through them, or atleats i can X_x

Best answers
Maybe I shouldn't have said "lag" because your movement is very slow even when I was playing lan games with that map...I donno much about mapping though...but I'll see if I can get that storm map so I can tell u guys what I meant...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its true, esf_storm wasnt laggy O_O I used to play it quite a bit, and it never lagged for me =| and i have an Athlon XP 1900 at default clock speed and a GeForce FX 5200 :| and it didnt even lag when i had my Athlon 1700XP and GeForce 2 MX o_o it didnt lag at all!!!!
But i dont understand why the dome would create lag. But just so im sure, is South City the place Capsule Corp is at? Then why not make a map similar to ape_city and that eea city map?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
this map looks nice indeed, but half-life is just not capable of such a detailled map -_-
its half-life ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
its half-life ...
He summed it up, you are never going to make a map that detailed and playable in half-life. I would suggest downloading esf_storm, that's as close as your going to get unless someone makes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom