South Australian Fires - Worst than Ash Wednesday

Best answers
In Port Lincoln, and Sorounding areas. A bush fire ran rampant.
9 are currently dead. 12 are missing. Millions of sheep and cattle are destroyed, houses, cars, caravans, other vehicles. lost.
many people. the fire was travelling at 140km's an hour.
Towns and cities in danger: Wangry, Edililie, Cummins, Port Lincoln, North Shields, Tumby, Port Neil, Wanilla and Coffins bay.
North Shields has been devestated, as well as wanilla. the fire is still continuing up north. and spot fires are all over the country side.
If it werent for the Wind Change. the worlds largest Tuna supplier, and a large grain supplier. would have dissapeared off the map. Sheep were killed; while I was driving past some of the paddocks, they were dead standing up.
- Poeple are in Need of Donations.
Some people, didnt have any insurance. and some farmers, have even declared bankrupcy, (well you would too, if you had tractors worth half a million dollars and thats just for 1 of them!).
I will be setting up a PayPal and Will be given DIRECTLY to the needy.
anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
I know that the Tsunami had just occured. and that many of you had allready donated something. but the Australian Government is willing to double the amount of donations. thank you.

NOTE FROM DEVERZ: NO DISCUSSION OF DONATIONS IS TO BE HAD. USE THIS THREAD TO TALK ABOUT THE DISASTER. TALK OF DONATIONS WILL BE WARNED. APPEAL TO DEVERZ DIRECTLY.

Bolteh2

B
nah, not enough to win the money of ppl.. you should get hit by a big wave first before you get attention.. (hey, it should fix the fires) this is how it seems to go these days..

+ i'd rather give money to sudan (wich i do) ot any other poor underdeveloped african country, than to you or the asian ppl

Best answers
That is a little Harsh. In my eyes, everyone is equal. we all bleed the same colour of blood. I donated to the tsunami and the fires here in Port Lincoln.
so have many other people. Donations are to HELP people, not to become racist and pig headed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my blood is a lighter shade than urs....

naw, in fairness, youve been having fires long enough to know how to deal with them.

plus, if i remember rightly in the last flood, an innocent un suspecting diver was killed by being dropped onto the fire in a giant bucket of water o_O show some considderation!!!!

meh. i dunno... if i had the money id donate it, but right now i kinda have to look after my own life.

Lid

L
This is so very untrustworthy. No matter what intentions you have I would never give money to you as a. you are just a person on the internet, b. you are not an organisation, c. see a. This sounds like a scam, and even if it isn't you know there are official appeals and not "some guy on the internet".

Best answers
If you think its a scam then I will Post the link to our Local TV Brodcaster. and on another note, we have never had a flood In South Australia.
and to the other person, if you think we have been having fires long enough, how do you think we are going to stop a fire going 140km an hour, and with hot 40 degree winds? on the first day at 3pm. it was contained. it then jumped containment lines. We had ONE water bomber, as the others were all Called to Adelaide for their "small" fire.
(Including elvis the largest water bomber of them all) Farmers, lost farms, while they were in the air in their planes dropping water. 140 firemen were trying to stop the blaze, they tried back burning. but with winds that fast the fire jumped upto 10km in distance. I will also load up pictures, from my camera phone as I watched the blaze go past us, while we were on the highway.
you can go here to donate (just one of many sites) "http://www.centralonline.com.au"
Please, Give.

Lid

L
See why didn't you just link to the website in the first place? Much easier and trustworthy.

Best answers
Because, I wanted to see peoples responeses, and see if it was worth bothering about. Because latley after the amount of Destruction I have seen, it just seems as if people have just "turned off" and dont care anymore.
anyhow that is my 2 cents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me, the internet is a bad place to ask for sympathy.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey well someone posted a thread on the tsunami. I don't see whats wrong with posting a thread on another natural disaster, people have still died and lots of bushland has been destroyed. I don't think asking for money on the internet is a wise idea, just perhaps keep the topic on the actual disaster. Which by the way is still a terrible thing.

Best answers
I am not asking for symphathy, I am asking you to help those who do need the help. If you knew, how many animals and people have been devestated. and if you were here you would understand.
here is a link to a map and the fires spread from Port Lincoln, to Arno Bay, and across towards coffins bay (they its estimated at 140 thousand hectars)
there is a "tourist" attraction called Green patch Farm, all the birds, wombats, kangaroos, etc. were all wiped out. if it werent for the water bombers, there wouldnt have even been an airport. all the roads out of Port Lincoln were blocked off. (thank you for the wind change!). which then were then opend a day later, after the fires past one of the main highways.
like I said, the Government WILL double the amount of donations given.
I know it may "seem" a bad idea to some by asking help on the internet. but some people do need help. and I am trying to give that help to them.
even if its a donation of "1 dollar" that is still helping out. imagine 1 dollar for every person on the planet. that -is- alot of money.
and the internet is one of the best medias, to get that information across.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He is right about one thing--the internet is a great place to get money.

Either way. I didn't give to the tsunamis and I'm not going to give to this, but no harm no foul--it's pretty fair to try to help out. I say let him say his piece.

Best answers
Hello Pemalite - im just on the foot of the adelaide hills, near the freeway
I feel for you, truly
22 years since the last devestation in this state, mabye we were due for it

Anyway, im not sure how many foreigners would vouch for sending money to an Australian, noone much seems to care for us, especially in SA
Im not sure what i can do for you - i already made a donation to mix Fms appeal for this weekend

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is illegal for you to collect money for a charity as far as I know

You must be officially registered

As far as the bush fires go, Sure it was a tragidy. Not that it affects me, I live in the suburbs of Adelaide, I'm not gonna get killed by bush fires and the only family I have out there live in Whyalla and they're a good 2 hours away from Pt Augusta and they all live near the coast.

Anyone that actually wants to donate. Donate to the OFFICIAL charity appeal and not this person. You can't truely know if he is for real or not. There are alot of charity scams out there. Trust channel 9 and the salvo's

Btw I believe they found the missing.

Now please use this thread to discuss the tragedy and not this collection. Further asking for money will be in breach of forum rules.

PM me if you wish to appeal otherwise the answer will be no.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouch. It's tough in all parts this year isn't it.

The end is closing in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
Ouch. It's tough in all parts this year isn't it.

The end is closing in.

i hardly considder a bush fire to be a natural disaster on a global "world ending" scale. its just wood getting too hot. now, if it happened in the amazon, then id get worried since its not even normally the right climate for that to happen, which means that its abnormal.

the areas affected by fires in oz-land are usually arid area's with little water and intense heat for a lot of the time, which is perfect fire breeding ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not always the big things that are signs.

It's just a general thing. Weather and other natural forces are fouled up and going haywire.

Chances are, this brush fire is a result of this. I'm not trying to be prophetic. Be Aware.....Be safe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
It's not always the big things that are signs.

It's just a general thing. Weather and other natural forces are fouled up and going haywire.

Chances are, this brush fire is a result of this. I'm not trying to be prophetic. Be Aware.....Be safe.
Don't worry. When the Tsunami happened, it tilted the earth's rotation just barely, but enough to cause some weather changes. It'll eventually go away.

Oh, and I wouldn't trust him either after this: http://www.silicon.com/research/specialreports/thespamreport/0,39025001,39127090,00.htm

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We get 2 or 3 bush fires in Australia every year. Last one we can was really bad was in canberra

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom