sourse engine in esf?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yes, let the team do the most work again.

Let them recompile the models, recompile the codes, add some new codes.
give the models some weightings, let the maps get recompiled and redo all sprites!

*then i would say: poor esf team*

Best answers
-)v(-evilgoku said:
yes, let the team do the most work again.

Let them recompile the models, recompile the codes, add some new codes.
give the models some weightings, let the maps get recompiled and redo all sprites!

*then i would say: poor esf team*
i own this idea becuz the HL1(quake-power engine) is too old enough. also the pic is terrible for the player of new generation.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Uncover, I'm afraid you don't "own" this idea due this idea has been mentioned millions of times. the team said It's not going to happen. The team will stay on the Half-Life Engine, and Earth Special Forces will die on the Half-Life 1 engine as well. And what makes you think Half-Life is running on a Quake "power" engine? Half-life's engine is far more powerful.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Half life 1 is based on the q1 engine -_- so he?s right.

valve has only done his self one engine, and its the source one.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
And what makes you think Half-Life is running on a Quake "power" engine? Half-life's engine is far more powerful.
Half-Life is running on the Quake engine, the only reason why it seems more powerful is due to the fact that Valve said that 70% of the engine code was rewritten for Half-Life. The modified Quake engine used for Half-Life was called GoldSrc.

Like what everyone said, the ESF team will not move ESF to the Source engine. If you account how long it takes them to release a new version (respectively) just imagine how long it would take to do all the necessary work to port it to the Source engine, let alone the time it would take to remake everything to use the full capabilities of the Source engine.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Uncover, I'm afraid you don't "own" this idea due this idea has been mentioned millions of times. the team said It's not going to happen. The team will stay on the Half-Life Engine, and Earth Special Forces will die on the Half-Life 1 engine as well. And what makes you think Half-Life is running on a Quake "power" engine? Half-life's engine is far more powerful.
it was, value remade 80% sourse code when they created half-life, but still use quake I engine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The HL engine is definitly not "too old". Yeah sure it is old, it may be a bit dated. But it is still the most used engine for mods. Source engine is great, but do you know how much work it will take for the ESF team to recode/model/sprite/animate/make sounds/etc. for EVERYTHING? Quite frankly, I don't think the team wants to spend that much time on ESF anymore, hence the rumors that 1.3 is the last version.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Heh, frankly i never knew Half-Life used parts of the Quake engine. But everyone is right, Uncover. If you want it to be Source, why don't you create your own DBZ HL2 Mod?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont see it coming that ESF Team will make it for source.
But i do hope that they will release ESF 1.1 or ESF 1.2 OR even ESF 1.3 so it can be maybe converted by some Freelance coders. If the Team releases the source of course ^^.
If not then ESF will have its last chapter on HL1 with ESF 1.3.+

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom