SOURCE ENGINE! COME1 COME ALL!!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is already a stickified thread saying it won't be done for the specific reason that the team don't want to, whether or not every computer in the universe can run source is irrelevant, its not going to happen and the thread by Hsu is clear enough.

If people don't read that one, what makes you think they'll read this one, first off, this one is longer and has loads of replies with people having to read it too, you can't stop new people from suggesting source, just like you can't satisfy all the fans.

By the way I have P4 3.2ghz, Radeon 9000, 512mb RAM

Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
draco , not all games rule in the favour of nvidia , take source engine games & the matrix online for example , if a gfx comapny supports the game , then most of the time they will get better results out of that game's gfx engine , i can understand though where u r comming from , the latest farcry patch (1.3) the engine has been changed to support ps 3.0 , origanlly thou , back in the days when the 9800xt was the speed king , ati use to own nvidia in farcry , but now people want more "eye candy" to look at
I know not all of the games rule in the favour of nvidia. But still, there are more games that supports nvidia. Even if HL2 supports ATI, as long as I got the BEST nvidia geforce card, I will have no problem playing it with the highest settings on.

Why am I so crazy about nvidia cards? I have been looking forward to a new game which will be way better than HL2 or the next HL3. A character model in that game has over 2,000,000polygons or 8,000,000polygons. Imagine the quality of the models and the maps. It will probably be the best game ever made. I guess. Unless that game really sucked, I will stick to valve games.

I am not here to promote that game. But maybe you should take a look for yourself saiyan overlord. The meaning of quality. And yes. Unreal 3 supports nvidia. Same for all unreal games.
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
last time i read up on the unreal 3 engine , the company was thinking of letting dreamworks use the engine for their movies

i would prefer an radeon x series card simply coz of the 3d instuctions in the card (3dc seems like a nice feature for me) but then again , nvidia seem to be offering better value products at the moment

if u look at current benchmarks of ut2004 , u will se the x850 pe owns the competition (on the same specs of course)

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
in future , don't use n00bish judgement to nock something you would hardly know anything about
Oh I forgot no one else could know what you do... :rolleyes: Sorry but I don't need to overclock any of my hardware to make it work with games. I see no point in overclocking an X800 either. So in the future try not to bad mouth people you don't even know telling them they don't know pcs at all, when esentially they probably know more than you yourself.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
draco , not all games rule in the favour of nvidia , take source engine games & the matrix online for example , if a gfx comapny supports the game , then most of the time they will get better results out of that game's gfx engine ,
Not entirely true, it just the way the codepath is setup for Nvidia and ATi, they are both different, especially in hl2, you will notice it especially in the FX series cards from Nvidia.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know , but meh , just don't knock a card like that , PC'S ARE MY LIFE!!!!!!! it just seems that way to me

Best answers
I don't know if this has already posted or if it's not allowed but there is dbz mod for HL2/source engine called dbadventures. It is not completed yet :(

I don't post the address because I don't know if it's allowed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a reading disability , i mensioned up above when i started the thread

Keep the hostilities up and the next name you'll be able to come up with is saiyan overbanned. (man that was lame...) So chill. ~Magus

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
Do you have a reading disability
Dude don't attack him, he was just stating something, owell if he missed it, it happens, *pets sayian* Its okayyy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh , what makes u think u know moew then me ( i don't think you got accepted into a cisco networking course recently , i got it thru a scolar ship) :p

plus on another note , i even thou i comapred myself to you , it's lame to compare people u have never met , just accept the fact that your a a forum n00b & move on

anywho

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
meh , what makes u think u know moew then me ( i don't think you got accepted into a cisco networking course recently , i got it thru a scolar ship) :p

plus on another note , i even thou i comapred myself to you , it's lame to compare people u have never met , just accept the fact that your a a forum n00b & move on

anywho
Wow you got accepted into a program, WOW, hold on brb let me go get into the RedHat program.....Bragging about what you got into is nothing, it doesn't get you anywere in life at all.

Forum n00b, ha! I've been on forum's since I was 10 or 11, I am 18 now. You were probably still in your diapers when I first start browsing the internet.

Best answers
To me it looks like the majority owns the proper specs to atleast play in min. quality which is still awsome looking. And not to rain on your scholarship parade, but how did you get one with that horrible spelling? ^^; Still esf is old school, and I wouldn't have it on any other game but HL1. Btw, have the forums really been around that many years? I joined like 1 year after It was started I think.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Loki said:
Btw, have the forums really been around that many years? I joined like 1 year after It was started I think.
I think 2000 is when they were open, I think, but he was just generally saying, so I had to comment back. :laff:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:

anywho
Warning for that, quit being so hostile to everyone who talks to you. If you want to be banned again, be my guest.

Itr, please keep your posts on the topic and let's not stray away from the original. Thanks.

Best answers
look at the poll there are more people with high end machines playing this game....DEMOCRACY CALLS FOR THE SOURCE ENGINE!!!!!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
bobot said:
look at the poll there are more people with high end machines playing this game....DEMOCRACY CALLS FOR THE SOURCE ENGINE!!!!!

That call was ended long ago when the team said they didn't want to port. :rolleyes:

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Magus said:
Itr, please keep your posts on the topic and let's not stray away from the original. Thanks.
Okie Dokie, back on topic!

I really think that esf will be better on goldsrc(hl1 engine) I mean sure it would be nice for all the gfx upgrades,etc but the question is would it be very playable for more than 10 people in the server? I dunno about you, but when BFP rc1 was ummm "released" it wasn't so good for 15+ people, well from my end. I couldn't imagine all the beams, explosive-ness on source what lag it could/would cause. It would be better just to stick to goldsrc IMHO.

Best answers
I agree, ESF on source would be nice to see and play once in a while, but I think it would be too laggy overall. This would be a better idea if you want to revive ESF in a few years or something.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They don't want to revive it, they wanna get it over and done with.

Thats why they won't port it over to source. Conversation closed, there's no reason why discussion should continue.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr , geez , i'm 16 , look at your post count , so "bleh" nothing i need to say to you , it's a waste of my time

anywho , it' would also stay the way it is coz then will would have n00bs sayying "aww , esf won'y run on my computer" (the stupid ones) anywho , source as said is a bit to glitchy , there would be a demand for a patch constantly if it were on source

PLUS STAY ON TOPIC , there is no need to change every thread i create in to a walk down memory lane and constantly spam/flame me , plus , i question the fairness in the admis decisions to give me warnings , i bet you have seen a few more posts with people calling other people n00bs , forum n00b or forum newb isn't really that much of a flame

saiyan overbanned , that's funny , you should stop picking on me , stop using your power to your advantage , and plus , what was with the need to edit my post ?

"THE END OF SPAMMING/FLAMING/WARNING ME" (Hopefully)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom