Source? and no, i'm not talking HL2-ified. read.

Best answers
Hey everyone. this is ElementalDragon (woulda logged on to that account... but forgot the password, and forgot the e-mail address to retrieve said password). I know that the team has said over and over that the mod will not be converted to Source because it would mean a complete overhaul of the mod (models, maps, etc...).... but what about porting it to HLDM: Source? if you're wondering what i'm talking about.... check out the different packages for Half-Life 2: Episode 1. it's the Source version of the original half-life deathmatch that they spoke of briefly just before they started announcing Lost Coast. Might be worth looking into.... least in my opinion. What do you guys of the team think? and the other members of the forums too.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stickies are you best friend: ESF will live and die on the Half-Life game, with the half-life engine (forgot the name of it)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonCrew said:
I know that the team has said over and over that the mod will not be converted to Source
Stop right there, you just answered you're own question.

:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GoldSrc or GoldSource is the name of the engine Valve created for Half-Life 1.

And porting to HL:Source is really no different than porting to HL2. They're on the same engine. You're essentially saying, "Don't port to this new engine, port to a mod of a game running on that engine, which... uses said engine."

Doesn't make much sense. o_O

Best answers
yeah..... but i think one of the big things with going to Source before was the need to recreate everything to look like it should look compared to HL2. Now...... there's gonna be HL1DM..... with the same old graphics of HL1DM..... but with the physics and functionality of the source engine itself. might require some work here and there to get it moved over.... but think of the possibilities! didn't Valve say that Source had destroyable terrain, but wasn't activated for HL2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry DragonCrew, but as previously said, you already answered your own question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom