sounds!!!

Best answers
hey can anyone tell me how to make a sound lower than 2mb >_> all the sounds i make are like 3 mbs :mad: im using cool edit pro

Sound Artist
Best answers
Lower the sound quality. 22050Hz mono is the frequency Half-life 1 uses.

Best answers
ive never used cool edit, but normally, either when you start creating it a menu will appear (with input boxes for filename, frequency, ect) and you set it there, OR you can probobly, (with a little exploring) do something like this:
tools > options > (maybe some tabs here, if so, cycle through them) > sound frequency
hope it helps, cause this s about as generic as it gets...

Best answers
Thank you so much guys I think I've figured it out! Lol, I hope I have :(! :) Thanks for all your helps

Best answers
Sorry for double posting but the sound just wont work.. Does it HAVE to be 22050 cause when i tried that it was like 4 mb and didn't work still, what program do you use FreeDom

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Whenever im doing a sound for HL (which is very rare anyway) Im using Cool Edit aswell ... I had the same problem as you and here is what I do
its a sort of stupid way though lol
Save your file as wav with CoolEdit, then open up the windows audio recorder (start -> run -> sndrec32), open the file in it and save it again as .wav with 22050Hz Mono
done :)

Best answers
dude it worked, thank you everyone so much for all your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom