Best answers
Alright, I have gotten half a dozen PMs asking how to make sounds ever since I released my first soundpack. So I decided to make this thread to teach everyone the basics on how to make sounds for ESF. If the mods want they can sticky this.

First you need a sound program. I suggest Goldwave, its good and most importantly easy to use. You can get it at http://www.goldwave.com.

Thats not the end of it. You also have to format your sounds to work for ESF. If you are using Goldwave this is EXACTLY how. Open your Goldwave and select Files>Batch Conversion. Make sure the following settings are configured: File: .wav, Rate: 22050 hertz, 16 bit mono signed. Then choose a file that you want to convert to ESF sound format and there ya go no matter what sound for ESF it is, it will work. And when you go to make new sound the format will already be converted to the ESF format so you dont have to do it everytime.

Here are some basics to using Goldwave:

1. By left clicking on the sound wave you are selecting the point where the sound begins. Example: K A M E H A M E H A! You left click right after KAMEHAME so all you hear is the ha.

2. By right clicking on the sound wave you are slecting the point where the sound ends. Example: K A ME H A M E H A! You right click right before HA and all you hear is kamehame.

3. When you have selected the part of the sound you want to rip you can do one of the following: 1. Click the 'Trim' button and this will delete all of the sound that is not selected. 2. Click on the 'Copy' button and the 'New' button to create a new file then 'Paste' to paste the selected part of the sound. This is useful whent he original sound is very big and will take a long time to trim, such as a full DBZ episode.

4. When you want to mix two sounds together first you COPY one sound and choose the second sound, click on the MIX button and decide how much you want to hear the COPIED sound.

5. To adjust the volume of your sound select Effects>Volume>Change. In the 'Effects' menu there are a bunch of options for your sound. Like noise reduction, fade in/out, dnamics, doppler effects, etc.

When it comes down to it thats basically it. Just snoop around all the menus to see what you can do. Experiment and learn. Good luck!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wrong place to post it dude it will probably be moved

good job man :yes: thanks for all ur help by the way

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let me get this straight?

you cna load movies into that program and rip the sound out?

Best answers
Me too, but not in this forum. By the way, you can filter the background music away with some sort of program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom