sound wavs not working

Best answers
i was wondering if there was some codec or something i need to make wav files for this game with, i tryed uploading a few sounds from a dbz fighting game for the snes which i recorded but the sounds just dont want to play in the game, the old sounds still work though just the ones i replace that are totaly silent

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the original sounds work, and the ones you created don't, the most logical reason would be that you're not saving them in the correct format.

I'm not 100% sure (this is off memory) but I believe the .wavs have to be 16-bit 8000 Hz mono.

Best answers
Sound files must be in "wav" format.

Sound files must be 22 040 Hz, 8bit and mono

Waves need two "cue points" - at the start and end - in order to loop.

Sounds should be in folder \sierra\half-life\valve\sound (before \sierra\ place whatever drive it is installed to). To keep things tidy, I prefer using the ambience folder for ambient sounds.
It tells you on Valve Collective.

Best answers
shoot, i need an audio program that will record from line out and is free and will do these files then, they never make it easy do they :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
evirustheslaye said:
shoot, i need an audio program that will record from line out and is free and will do these files then, they never make it easy do they :(
you can use the generic sound recorder from windows. when you save it choose the proper format

Best answers
I use Goldwave, it is a really good program. The version you can download is a trial (you can do everything in it as the full version) or you can buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom