Soulcalibur IV

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just picked up a copy about thirty minutes ago, but so far while it's a good game, I'm pretty disappointed:

It took me five minutes to beat the game with Kilik on "Normal" mode. There were only five stages, three of which being against multiple opponents (not at once).

I had no idea what the hell is going on and the dialog, as limited as it was, didn't give me any useful clues or hints.

I'm going to now play as Mitsurugi, but that's what I have so far. I'll try to keep this updated.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please keep us updated. I want to hear more.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just beat it with Mitsurugi and it's pretty much the same - five stages, three of which had multiple opponents and took five or so minutes to beat.

Just to throw in a few pros:

The graphics are absolutely incredible. Character detail, level detail, weapon detail - just overall incredible.
The controls are pretty much the same as Soulcalibur III's and feels just the same.

Now, I'm going to play as Darth Vader.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So is the mode that you are playing the Arcade Mode? Or the Story Mode?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So is the mode that you are playing the Arcade Mode? Or the Story Mode?
Story Mode.

Darth Vader kicks ass, by the way. Though his Japanese voice doesn't sound anything close to the original (he sounds more like a Japanese Obi-wan). And his grappling attack is the trademark "grab Emperor Palpatine, hold him over your head and toss him into the pit" move see in the last Star Wars film.

Best answers
Vader sounds awesome. I wonder how Yoda is doing? The little sprite he is.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shouldn't his grapple be "force cholk"?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about The Apprentice?
I just unlocked him and just started playing him in Story Mode. He is indeed badass. Weird way of wielding a lightsaber but badass nonetheless.

Onslaught said:
shouldn't his grapple be "force cholk"?
I have no idea. I usually don't bother learning the move set, so I'm just going by what I press. But the move I stated earlier is initiated through pressing the horizontal attack button and guard button. Pressing the L2 button does perform a choke but it's not a force choke.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
This kind of dissapoints me. You can literally beat the story mode in 5 minutes? Where's the replay value in that? I hope there's something other than graphics that make the game shine and worth 60 dollars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about the online play?

Without someone else to play against except the AI, then yes, the game will contain little to no replay value.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played online. But from the looks of it, they were more focused on multi-player rather than single-player. I'm pretty sure as a multi-player game, it's incredible but as a single-player game, it's severely lacking.

By the way, the Character Creation mode is pretty damn confusing and unorganized. Not to mention the styles you can select from are limited to those of existing characters in the game. So besides the differences in appearances, you're pretty much making clones.

Also, the game is in widescreen (I have a fullscreen television).

Best answers
This kind of dissapoints me. You can literally beat the story mode in 5 minutes? Where's the replay value in that? I hope there's something other than graphics that make the game shine and worth 60 dollars.
who plays story modes of fighting games for replay value, that's what the vs mode is for

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yoda is very unbalanced. Little bastard jumps around everywhere and you can only hit him with low hitting attacks and grabs don't work on yoda lol

YODA FTW!

Btw I got the 360 version obviously, done all the female storylines, cerventes, algos, kilik, nightmare, siegfried, yoda and finished the arcade mode. Man I can't wait to unlock the apprentice he is one tough SoB in the arcade mode took me 4 rounds to beat him but I was using Cassandra at the time I'm sure if I stuck with Kilik I could have kicked his ass hard.

who plays story modes of fighting games for replay value, that's what the vs mode is for
The replay value is seeing all the characters different endings thats what the replay value is in this game and of course making money to unlock more costumes, weapons and other extra things...

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Yoda is only available in the 360 version.

Best answers
Damn i kinda find that pathetic
I wana be able to play as of both yoda and vader
Hmm ohwell who seems to be the best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom