Soul Calibur III

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I guess I'll be the first one too talk about Soul Calibur III heh.

First off the game is far beyond Soul Calibur II and taken too a new level with many new features. I picked this game up about 4 days ago and still cannot put it down and pretty much what little free time I had went into playing this game, theres so many things too unlock and theres lots of replay value in this game.

The character Creation mode which everyone was looking forward does not let you down. Sure at first you have limited things to create your character with but by battling in Tales of Souls(ToS) mode and also Chronicles of the Sword Mode(CotS) you can unlock and also buy more equipment for you to create the character you want. I was hoping you would also get to choose their moves and combo's aswell but their already assigned too the class you choose to your male or female character.

Tales of Souls Mode allows you too play through all your favourite Soul Calibur III's main characters and each character gives you their own little tale about their journey too find Soul Edge. What I like most about this mode is it takes about 2-3 run throughs to complete everyones story because in the middle of your journey it branches out and gives you a choice wether you want to do this or do that. The other cool thing about this mode is during certain cutscenes it has that context action button thing that RE4 did very well and Soul Calibur III does it ok but I just wish they would give you the button names and not the attack names they have. For Example(ABKG > Triangle, Square, Circle and X) Also they only give you about 2 seconds to punch it in unless you have to mash the one button in order to activate it then it lasts for about 4 seconds heh.

Chronicles of the Sword mode is new to the Soul Calibur Series. Its not like the previous mode they used in Soul Calibur II instead you create your main character and his/her little army of created characters and have a game of simple tactics by moving your characters around capturing their strongholds and defeating the enemy. You also get too level up your characters when battling with your enemy Soul Calibur Style or you can sit there and watch your characters HP just drop. You also come across Soul Calibur main characters like Nightmare, Kilik, Maxi and ect... Good luck beating them though when your only level 8 and their at level 60 haha.

The only bad things I have too say about this game is you need to get your blocking down pat because the enemy A.I will block most of your attacks and the only time to get them is after you countered their attack. Once you get to abyss in ToS good luck he is the cheapest SoB in the game. Also No Online play if they would have added this feature this game would probably be about 10x better. Especially with Create your own character mode that would be sweet taking your created character online and fight against someone else's.

So if you have or planning on getting Soul Calibur III post below your comments/Questions and I'm sure you will get an answer by myself or someone else who may have it.

Let the Discussion BEGIN!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn you to hell phob... damn you to hell ;_;

its not out here for like, 3 weeks. but i already knew i was gonna be picking it up >;D

DMW

Best answers
eh i think ill pass,after beating the exteemly easy game soul caliber 2 i think i have had enough.I to easily owned with my favorite character,the wielder of the true soul edge,Nightmare.I could win a match with a 3 or somtimes 2 hit combo.I could also own with kilik,err the cervantes(mispelled i know,its the pirate),uhhh a few more too.I beat the game to easy,i was pissed that hieachi from tekken was in it and xbox got spawn.I wanted spawn,i played the xbox version and i loved him.Spawn should have been with the ps2 but owell.This game may be very fun though,ill give it a rental.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMW said:
eh i think ill pass,after beating the exteemly easy game soul caliber 2 i think i have had enough.I to easily owned with my favorite character,the wielder of the true soul edge,Nightmare.I could win a match with a 3 or somtimes 2 hit combo.I could also own with kilik,err the cervantes(mispelled i know,its the pirate),uhhh a few more too.I beat the game to easy,i was pissed that hieachi from tekken was in it and xbox got spawn.I wanted spawn,i played the xbox version and i loved him.Spawn should have been with the ps2 but owell.This game may be very fun though,ill give it a rental.
It took me a long time to master Kilik, and I'm still not a pro.

I always play on the very highest difficulty setting. Do you? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm totally picking this up, but like Ax said, not for another few weeks yet.

The character creation mode was what I was looking forward to and it's nice to hear it doesn't dissapoint. From the look of things it seems Namco have encorporated the best parts of the original Soul Blade into the Soul Calibur series - good move.

Best answers
already paid it,just have to get it at the store at the 23.11.05,german release date....

mmhh looks like no one played soul calibur 1 here.....it kicks soul calibur 2´s butt!!!

DMW

Best answers
It took me a long time to master Kilik, and I'm still not a pro.

I always play on the very highest difficulty setting. Do you?
Well after i beat the game i did,im not a pro with kilik,just if i fight and know im gonna loose ill knock you out of the ring.I am pro with Nightmare,noone can beat me with him.I played on highest difficulty once i beat there story mode,but that was like 6 months ago,my copy got stolen,but i was bored of the game so the guy who stole it,i just let keep.Im dissapointed it only has 3 new characters in soul caliber III.But creating a character may make things interesting.I hope they do it good.Soul caliber 2 is the 2nd fighting game that was easy to me on hardest,the other is budokai 3,so i gotta get tenkaichi,but this game im sure the ai is updated.And it will be alot harder.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Soul Edge/Blade and Soul Calibur--but Soul Calibur II wasn't really much different than Soul Calibur. And from reading the reviews of III, it seems like there's been no dramatic changes this time, either.

I might have considered getting it if it wasn't a PS2 exclusive--a silly choice to make, in my opinion, especially considering the last game was multi-platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom