Soul Calibur 2!

Best answers
Yea yea i haven't been on for ages but i just gotta post, SOUL CALIBUR 2 ROCKS! I have ordered it last week still hasn't come :( hopefully soon But it LOOKS SO COOL! Link for GC, Spawn for XBox, Hei Hecha or something for PS2!! Can't wait! Anyone else got it/getting?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i got this game over a month ago.. yeah its pretty tight.. i got it for xbox ^_^

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have my buddy's copy for GCN, and I agree, the game is tight. I'm not a fan of fast, button-mashing fighting games like Capcom VS SNK and Marvel VS Capcom, etc., but this one...it's just a ton of fun!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeedeh, tis pwn, i got it for ps2 and im nowhere near dissapointed, so much to unlock, so much to do! take a guess whitch is my fav character :p

Best answers
sure is a great game
Voldo
Maxi
Ivy

thats my fav characters without doubt:)
and to quote "Majin_You" with this phrase..... I'm not a fan of fast, button-mashing fighting games like Capcom VS SNK and Marvel VS Capcome, etc., but this one...it's just a ton of fun!.....

yeah those game sure is that but i wouldnt agree that calibour is a button mashing game.... its way more tactic, strategy, and timing in calibour:)

Best answers
Necrid

Nightmare

Assassin

Those are my best. Anyways, look at Takis credits (through arcade) and get a surprise ;)

Best answers
yeah assasin is eally cool as well as necrid... i just havent played enough with necrid to "get attacheted" to him...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mitsurigi anyday, i agree that this game pwns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nightmare ownz0rs all with his pwnzorage abilitys!

though out of the consol only characters link is deffinitly the best just fits in well and looks damn cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
I still have my buddy's copy for GCN, and I agree, the game is tight. I'm not a fan of fast, button-mashing fighting games like Capcom VS SNK and Marvel VS Capcome, etc., but this one...it's just a ton of fun!
That sums up my play of the game, I button mashed it to unlock 6 characters in a couple hours :). But yeah its not as bad as Marvel vs Capcom, I think it is my preference in games but I though this game was decent.

Retired
Best answers
I overplayed Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 1, but with Soul Calibur 2, I didnt have the great feeling somehow. I dont know why but I felt a bit disappointed. it got boring very fast for me. You dont really get the feeling that you get very good at it, while with DOA3 you can be rawking good. atleast thats my view of it.

Best answers
Yea I got it for XB. Spawn is way to overpowered but Nightmare RULES!

you just to DFY then QCFYYY. 0\/\/)\(4G3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not a fan of fast, button-mashing fighting games like Capcom VS SNK and Marvel VS Capcom
Majin_You pls dont make me hurt u

ive never come across a capcom fighting game that has been a button masher. cvs and mvc takes more thought and precision then sc2 will ever take

cvs is all about pressure, u dont just go in attacking u poke at the oppenent for them to make a mistake and the u captilize. mvc takes more freaking thought and reaction then sc2 or any namco game needs. u have to be able to be able to read an oppenents moves within a mili second of it happening

SC2 fails in comparison to any capcom game in my eyes. sf2 takes even takes more thought then sc2 and sf2 is like 10 years old. if u dont believe on that sf2 remark i have soem videos to proove it

Best answers
spawn is not overpowred he is really easy to beat... but yes he does quite damage with his best weapon
and for Judge.. yeha i agree with you.. i didnt play calibour 1 so very much but i played soul blade heaps! me and a friend a tvgame night we played like 70matches ithink lol

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
You dont really get the feeling that you get very good at it
I agree with that. With the afformentioned "button mashers" I mentioned (apologies to 1m4, I basically mean that they are REALLY fast, and that people like me who are terribly at fighting games like me are forced to button mash ;)), once you got good, you were pretty much up there when it came to fighting anyone else. As far as I've seen, SC2 seems to favor newer players to a certain extent. It's very easy to pick the control up the first time through and thwomp a person who has had the game for months. That may account for your feeling, Judge, I've felt that, too.

Best answers
yeah you can get beaten but for me that usally only because the "enemy" is a onething doer... like just doing kicks or only doing the same punch all the timne that just messes my head up cant play agaisnt it but once they play more and use more things i play better against them:/ is that odd?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dunno, you CAN mash buttons and win at this game, but when i play i do the combos and special moves and block and didge, ON PURPOSE, i dont just press buttons at random, (play it on the hardest difficulty and you will hafta learn to block and dodge efficently)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All about Raphael. He's quick and can deal out a good amount of damage and can cover a lot of area.

-Karrde-

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im a fan of nightmare and mitsurugi, nightmare is slow compred to most people, but in the hands of a someone nifty with parrying and dodging hes INVINCIBLE, he has alot of long range moves, most opponents wont get within striking distance of you, and when they do slip through the fight is over in seconds

my tactic with mitsurugi is prettymuch nonstop attacking, combos left and right, didging, blocking, countering, (and like nightmare he has the power advantage over most characters) but he is alot faster and more agile than nightmare,

depending on who im fighting i may use different people, i use nightmare for all the characters except for the speed demons, (taki, rapheal, and maxi mostly) in which case i use mitsurugi to keep up with them,

however, i ALWAYS have problems with people who are seung mina players, i suck as her, so i dont have a strategy against people playing as her, something about her, i cant predict what shes gonna do like i can with everyone else

Best answers
ehm nightmare is not speically slow....
and yes rapheal isjust great.. but i just dont like him, to easy to play as

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom